Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CasuallyDressed

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Bournemouth, UK
I was just literally gonna buy one one of these from the online Apple store, HOWEVER, after adding the £35 case to my basket, it then adds another £4.80 for delivery on top making the whole case cost just under £40?!???

Sorry but NO WAY is this case worth £40.........:eek::eek::eek:

I saw that too and my response was to either chuck in a sync lead (always handy to have a spare) or a second case for the missus. £50 = free delivery.

Then I changed my mind and we're gonna drive out to the Apple store on Saturday so we can try them on first :)

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Jun 10, 2010
Has anyone else received their case from Apple? I got mine today and the feel of it is much less premium than previous iterations of the leather case. It has a very plastic-y feel to it and it doesn't feel anywhere near as sturdy in the hand as my 5S case does.

Not sure if I just got a dud or if this is just a shift in style from Apple.

Dino F

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I saw that too and my response was to either chuck in a sync lead (always handy to have a spare) or a second case for the missus. £50 = free delivery.

Then I changed my mind and we're gonna drive out to the Apple store on Saturday so we can try them on first :)

...if its free delivery if it totals £50+, might have to follow your idea!

Thanks for the tip!! ;)

Daremo

macrumors 68020
Jul 3, 2007
Chicago
Got mine, I love their case. Too bad I don't have the phones to put them in yet.

Attachments

• cases.jpg
    cases.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 123

Brian Y

macrumors 68040
Oct 21, 2012
Got mine today - quality is awful. The leather on mine is peeling away around the camera cut out.

Now to try to get Apple to answer the phone to get it replaced :/

mac.cali

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2012
They did change the leather. I have both for the iPhone 5s and 6 Plus. I thought the 5s was nicer. Also the case seems flimsy. I'm going to check out the silcon version. For $49 I'm not too impressed.

anthonybkny

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2011
NYC
They did change the leather. I have both for the iPhone 5s and 6 Plus. I thought the 5s was nicer. Also the case seems flimsy. I'm going to check out the silcon version. For $49 I'm not too impressed.
bummer. mine comes today. if i cant live with it, ill walk over to the verizon store and pick up an incipio dual pro.

johnc22

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
Atlanta
That's unfortunate. Maybe I will look into the Vaja.

Vaja is very nice if you can stand one of their ready-to-ship designs, or can wait several weeks for a custom build. They are also very expensive. My iPad was wearing one when I left it on the roof of my car and drove off. A kind neighbor figured out it was mine and returned it, dinged up but still ticking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.