Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djmodifyd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 3, 2008
Has anyone else ran into this?

On my iOS devices, when I goto the screen that gives me the warning about if "I upgrade to iCloud drive I will not be able to access it on these devices"

It lists 3 devices, two macs that are running mavericks and one mac that I sold.

Before I sold that mac I logged out of iCloud and everything else I could think of then reformatted it.

The find my idevice app and iCloud.com website do not list the old mac as a device in my iCloud account.

anything I should be worried about?

Thanks!

zacpack

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2008
Yep, same with me, an old mac name was there.

It's no in Support Profile or Find my Iphone or referenced anywhere.

leerichards1

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012
Myself and a friend have the same issue. My old iPhone 5S is still showing despite wiping as per Apple's instructions and removing from 'My Support Profile'. For him, he sees an old iPad Mini and his MacBook Pro is displayed twice.

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Check your Apple ID under trusted (or is it verified?) devices.

appleid.apple.com

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Don't see any reference to devices on the Apple ID pages, do you mean supportprofile.apple.com?

I meant under the "manage" option when you login to the Apple ID site. In the security section, you can control a list of trusted devices.

However, I checked this myself and it isn't a fix. I noticed that I also have my old iPhone 5 listed in my iCloud, despite me disabling everything on it and completely wiping the device. I see no other option to remove devices from that list.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.