Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

symple84

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
This morning I woke up and found some lines running around the border of my 27" iMac. Now they are gone. I don't know if this is a graphics card issue or if something is wrong with the LCD. Another issue is that I always use Citrix Receiver to Remote Desktop to my work PC and I cannot go into Full Screen mode - it is greyed out. This all came after I updated to 10.9.5. I am thinking that these issues are related to the new update?

symple84

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Picture....

Attachments

• 20140918_100804.jpg
    20140918_100804.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 212

symple84

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
I would be inclined to say graphics issue, or screen, but yeah, more likely to be a graphics processor issue.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024 MB

I also have noticed that I have a fair amount of ghosting from webpages or windows that were opened on the background of my iMac.

symple84

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
Do you see this anywhere else e.g. login screen or in a new user.

I would tend to agree with the other posters.

Now leaning towards the display a little more.

yes, it did happen on the log in screen as well. I just don't want to waste time going to apple when its not consistently reproducing the issue.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
The small lines and discolorations look like a graphics card issue to me. I had an 2011 MBP that would act up every once in a while like that and the graphics card was the culprit.

symple84

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2009
The small lines and discolorations look like a graphics card issue to me. I had an 2011 MBP that would act up every once in a while like that and the graphics card was the culprit.

Did they end up replacing your graphics card? I have an appt for the genius bar but its not currently happening. I don't want to go back and forth every time it happens and goes away.

killerrobot

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2007
Did they end up replacing your graphics card? I have an appt for the genius bar but its not currently happening. I don't want to go back and forth every time it happens and goes away.

Sorry I haven't been on the forums lately. Yeah, they replaced the graphics card twice because it starting happening again with the new graphics card as well.

I hope your apt went well and it's working again. Give us an update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.