Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dbrokenbone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
anyone?help me please, what should i do? cuz i already went to apple store and they said i hv to pay $800++ for this problem.

thanks

Attachments

• vbar.jpg
    vbar.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 101

FreemanW

macrumors 6502
Sep 10, 2012
The Real Northern California
Ouch.

Looks to be a binary issue.

You either have AppleCare or you're going to pony up some cash. I suppose Apple could decide to be gracious and reduce or wave the cost, or you could sell it as is.

GL

dbrokenbone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
that looks like a panel failure, no apple care?

Ouch.

Looks to be a binary issue.

You either have AppleCare or you're going to pony up some cash. I suppose Apple could decide to be gracious and reduce or wave the cost, or you could sell it as is.

GL

Sadly no apple care:mad:
the warranty is void cuz i change the HD to SSD by myself.
for the last couple month i extend it to tv monitor.

they said that lcd broke. At the first time i thought it was the flex cable.

Attachments

• extd.jpg
    extd.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 99

ryguy92000

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City, UT
A black pane is a black eye!

So sorry to see this!

Fortunately it does look like your graphics rendering agent is working properly *whew* In our shop we actually repair these all the time and it is very user serviceable if your feeling brave.

iFixit.com has a very good guide to doing repairs like these and if you can't find your precise machine the principles of it are the same.

UNPLUG MACHINE! Those power supplies have a mean disposition to anyone in their personal space. Next remove glass, remove frame (if needed), extract screen. Please for the love of Jobs do this part slowly! More problems come from a ripped out cable or damaged connector then a damaged screen. When removing the screen, do so at a steady 1/2" at a time and look down the back of the display with a flash light minding cables all along the way. Things like display cable, power, inverters, and temperature sensors may not be useful on the old display but they sure break easy off of the Logic Board.

The parts cost is not too far off though it can be plus or minus $75 depending on the market and who you go to. A quality shop will charge labor of around $75 to $100 and they SHOULD offer a warranty on parts and work. Anything less and you may end up with a black eye on your screen AND your wallet.

Good Luck!! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.