Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Hmm...I wonder why there's nothing about the US pre-order/launch? :(

Because US carriers suck. :( There is probably a morass created by them each individually in terms of release dates where Samsung just says as long as you release after this date we don't care.

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Because US carriers suck. :( There is probably a morass created by them each individually in terms of release dates where Samsung just says as long as you release after this date we don't care.

Probably adding the finishing touches on their carrier exclusive apps. :confused:

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
Very nice, looks like the black one has color matched sides. They all still have a little chrome surround which I don't particularly like, but it's still miles ahead of the N3's chrome crap.

Attachments

• 4-1.png
    4-1.png
    536.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 4-2.jpg
    4-2.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 102

hovscorpion12

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2011
USA
U.S carriers will bask in Apple's iPhone 6 and 6 Plus glory over the weekend. I would guess, next week, U.S carriers will announce pre-order information of Galaxy Note 4. (I hope :eek:)

Nabooly

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
Very nice, looks like the black one has color matched sides. They all still have a little chrome surround which I don't particularly like, but it's still miles ahead of the N3's chrome crap.

Wow, slick....very nice! I agree about the chrome, glad they added the charcoal finish instead.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012

I love the new shape too. With it being a tad longer and thinner, I find the proportions to be much more harmonious now. They actually make the phone look smaller. The more I look at it, the more I think that it actually looks a lot better than the N3 (which was already fine, aside from the cheap plastic feel on the sides, and the fake stitching on the back). The curved glass edges add a very nice touch as well.

Definitely hoping to buy one of these beasts ASAP, but I'll hold off until I've had a chance to at least hold a 6 Plus in my hand.

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Held the Alpha for the first time today. Felt awful. Hope the Note 4 doesnt end up feeling the same. The metal band felt like it protruded the screen and back cover rather than blend in with it. The metal used also felt fake and too light. It was like holding plastic wrapped in foil.

Samsung clearly havent got the hang of using metal in their phones yet but whilst being better than plastic it isnt a patch on the products from Sony, HTC or of course Apple.

Dissapointed.

Will have to see the real thing before deciding whether to skip this generation of phones.

Last edited:

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Held the Alpha for the first time today. Felt awful. Hope the Note 4 doesnt end up feeling the same. The metal band felt like it protruded the screen and back cover rather than blend in with it. The metal used also felt fake and too light. It was like holding plastic wrapped in foil.

Samsung clearly havent got the hang of using metal in their phones yet but whilst being better than plastic it is a patch on the products from Sony, HTC or of course Apple.

Dissapointed.

Will have to see the real thing before deciding whether to skip this generation of phones.
Weird, all reviewers seem to love the feel.

GadgetSN

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2014
Weird, all reviewers seem to love the feel.

Relative to a plastic samsung it is of course an improvement. However compared to Sony and HTC it is sub par.

Most Samsung fans will see it as an improvement though given they are perfectly happy with the previous cheap plastic.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
UK
Relative to a plastic samsung it is of course an improvement. However compared to Sony and HTC it is sub par.

Most Samsung fans will see it as an improvement though given they are perfectly happy with the previous cheap plastic.
I'm sure we will be very happy with it.

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009

It's an improvement for me because I'm not forced to slap on a thick plastic cover to protect it.

swy05

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2008

Samsung clearly havent got the hang of using metal in their phones yet but whilst being better than plastic it isnt a patch on the products from Sony, HTC or of course Apple.

Dissapointed.

Registered this month.

Seems legit.

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012

That charcoal finish on the edge looks really good.

The Note 4 is gonna be a beast :cool:

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
Note 4 Black or White? I had the gray Note 2, thinking i'll switch it up and get white this time, the silver frame is nice too. I wish the Note 4 "Charcoal Black" was more black and less gray... like the Note 3.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I had a look at the article on Sam mobile. It only says three and carphone Warehouse for next week but hopefully O2 will have it up for pre - order too.

Stores in Sweden have it listed as In Stock for October 10-15. Bring it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.