Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
I must say, I had my doubts, but I picked up 128GB Gold + this morning and it is the best phone I've ever had in my life. Watching Netflix and Youtube on it is simply fantastic, I can actually appreciate HD videos on phones now. Keyboard is also wonderful to use in both portrait and landscape. Now I was a bit concerned about the portability of it, but it fits just fine in my pocket and doesn't bother me at all while sitting or walking. Screen resolution on this phone is amazing and I'm extremely glad I went with the 6+, and having to use 2 hand to use the phone isn't really that big of an issue, I mean it's a phatblet and you can just double tap to bring the screen down which was pretty neat and simple to use on a pinch. Camera is great also, it focuses very fast and clean.

Overall, Apple really outdid themselves with the +, I had HTC M8 for awhile which is about the same size as 6, but I'm just extremely happy than I went with the big beautiful screen. Yay for 6+!

SetHutBlue42

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Can we wait a week or two before we declare the iPhone 6+ the greatest phone ever created and perfect for every single person, regardless of their use case?

Everyone is going to be excited after paying $1,000+ for a phone. You want to like it... you just spent a ton of money on it. The real story will be how it is after you've used it consistently for weeks or months.

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Can we wait a week or two before we declare the iPhone 6+ the greatest phone ever created and perfect for every single person, regardless of their use case?

Everyone is going to be excited after paying $1,000+ for a phone. You want to like it... you just spent a ton of money on it. The real story will be how it is after you've used it consistently for weeks or months.

I don't think it takes few weeks to know when you got a winner in your hands. Most of us had Iphones since the beginning and when you hold a phone, you just know if it will be functional. Now there will be features I had yet to mess with, but thing that sold me was on the screen size. Watching movies on it is absolutely fantastic.

Yes I'm excited!

chrise2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 17, 2012
Party pooper.

galenmd

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2008

Geez, give him a break. Where did he say it was "perfect for every single person?"

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Your post was much nicer than the comment that popped in my head.

Congrats to the OP. I'm glad you are enjoying it.

One thing I must admit though, is that it looks sort of silly when you put the phone next to your head during phone call. I'm sure I'll get used to the look but I believe the functionality of the big screen outweighs looking like you have a tiny head.

accountforit

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2014
One thing I must admit though, is that it looks sort of silly when you put the phone next to your head during phone call. I'm sure I'll get used to the look but I believe the functionality of the big screen outweighs looking like you have a tiny head.

Nope. You will always look dumb.

Npggirl7

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2014

Honestly, once I purchased a phone with a larger screen, I knew right away I could not go back to smaller. So yes, people like what they like, and they know instantly. Don't knock that.
It may not be for everyone, but, I am thankful Apple went this large. I, for the first time ever, switched from an iPhone to an Android last year because I was SO sick of the small screen.
I am going back to Apple this year, and as long as they keep the screens large, I won't look back.

scrtagntman

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014

He said it was the best phone HE'D ever used, Einstein. Don't be jelly.

Congrats OP. Patiently waiting for mine to come in. I'm coming from a Note 3, so I think it'll be interesting to see how the size and screen compares.

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
Honestly, once I purchased a phone with a larger screen, I knew right away I could not go back to smaller. So yes, people like what they like, and they know instantly. Don't knock that.
It may not be for everyone, but, I am thankful Apple went this large. I, for the first time ever, switched from an iPhone to an Android last year because I was SO sick of the small screen.
I am going back to Apple this year, and as long as they keep the screens large, I won't look back.

You nailed it! Could not stand the tiny screen of older Iphones when you use HTC One or Galaxy S3, I absolutely love IOS but had to switch for my sanity, couldn't appreciate any sort of video media on it. Just extremely happy I get the best of both world now!

highlightshadow

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2012
Yep ... was nervous about screen size ... but its gorgeous ... so crisp ...

Put as my wallpaper on lock screen one of my own model-shots at full res and its just a delight

dcorban

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
I understand enjoying a large screen, but are people actually watching Netflix on their phone?

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
He said it was the best phone HE'D ever used, Einstein. Don't be jelly.

Congrats OP. Patiently waiting for mine to come in. I'm coming from a Note 3, so I think it'll be interesting to see how the size and screen compares.

Thanks, did you order through AT&T and getting screwed right now?

scrtagntman

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
@mizerab1e, I did. Ordered at 3:20AM EDT. If I have to wait a few weeks, so be it. I've waited 2 years for a bigger screened iPhone, what's a few more weeks?!

@dcorban, probably not in lieu of their home theaters or TV's. Sometimes your out somewhere, bored... why not?

Npggirl7

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2014
I understand enjoying a large screen, but are people actually watching Netflix on their phone?

It's not even just about watching movies. I LOVE playing games, but don't want to carry my iPad mini with me everywhere. Carrying ONE device is awesome, and with the larger screen, games are MUCH easier to play and much more fun. Since I purchased a phone with a larger screen, I barely take my mini (yet alone my regular size iPad) anywhere. :)

Youtube videos, emails... just being able to see more is so nice for me.

jbachandouris

macrumors 603
Aug 18, 2009
Upstate NY
Waiting on UPS for the exact same model.

Question: Is the included power brick the same as the one that comes with all iPhones?

I ask because the battery is bigger and I thought the iPad charger would be better.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Just got my 128GB 6 Plus. The thing is massive, but boy is it beautiful. Websites on it are absolutely amazing. The size of my hands are only a little above average for a man, so it's a close fit. Definitely glad I ordered the case to go with it as it's a bit slippery to hold considering the size. However, my UPS status updates said there was a trailer running late, so the case won't get here until Monday. I just hope I don't manage to drop it before then! It easily fits in the pockets of my Levi jeans, but I'm not the type to wear skinny jeans so your mileage might vary. It's pretty weird to think that I've got a 1080p display in my pocket now. I also absolutely love typing on the thing in portrait, but they absolutely need to make a split keyboard for it when typing in landscape. All the crap on the sides of the keyboard keep throwing me off. The first thing I tried was prying the keyboard apart like I do on my iPad but no joy. The vibrator is also a little bit on the noisy side. Haven't tested the sound of the vibrator yet when it's in my pocket, but I bet it will be a little softer. Only reason I'm typing this right now and not playing with it is because it's restoring from iCloud!

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014

I believe so, we watched a lot of TV shows when I had some downtime in the field in the Army but small size bothered me for awhile. Now I can feel like I have a small TV on my hand and enjoy it!

JSalig

macrumors 6502
Oct 30, 2010

Yes, people do watch Netflix, Hulu, youtube, or any number of streaming video apps on their phone. Those are the perks of having a generous data plan and a bit of leisure time.

Npggirl7

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2014
You nailed it! Could not stand the tiny screen of older Iphones when you use HTC One or Galaxy S3, I absolutely love IOS but had to switch for my sanity, couldn't appreciate any sort of video media on it. Just extremely happy I get the best of both world now!

Exactly! :)
Congrats!!

mizerab1e

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 18, 2014
@mizerab1e, I did. Ordered at 3:20AM EDT. If I have to wait a few weeks, so be it. I've waited 2 years for a bigger screened iPhone, what's a few more weeks?!

@dcorban, probably not in lieu of their home theaters or TV's. Sometimes your out somewhere, bored... why not?

Man I feel you brother, I ordered 128GB SG+ through ATT premier at 2:53PM EST and they are messing around with our feeling hard. Went to go line up Raleigh Apple store and was able to pick one up, I hope you get it soon!!!

Steel28

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2010
Congrats OP.

I'm waiting for my 64GB 6 Plus in silver to arrive. Went to the local Best Buy and played with the display model. Well, glad I made the right choice for myself. Plus is amazing! Can't wait to get it.

Everyone was around 6 Plus model at the store lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.