Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RetiredInFl

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
FORMERLY NJ now FL
Been trying for 3 days and download always fails either through iTunes or OTA. I can't even download the ipsw file from Apple direct to "manually" install it.

Have had no problems with an iPhone 5 & iPhone 5s.

Downloads (direct, through iTunes or via OTA) never go above 20 KB/sec then eventually time out.

If iPhones didn't update easily I'd just blame Apple servers but they went fast on my iPhone 5 & 5s but the VZW cellular rMini won't update. I just want to get everything on the same software.

Last edited:

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
Servers will be busy today with all the activations. And probably over the weekend for those that didn't have the day off today.

Also, make sure you have enough free space on your iPad.

donnaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2011
Austin TX
Servers will be busy today with all the activations. And probably over the weekend for those that didn't have the day off today.

Also, make sure you have enough free space on your iPad.

I updated my Air the first day with no issues. Waited until Thursday morning to update my husband's ipad 3. It has actually completed the 15+ hour download twice and failed both times. I tried on iTunes and it failed after 9 hours of trying. All this prior to any iPhones hitting.

Unfortunately the iPad keeps cycling through the process. Once it finally fails, it starts the whole process again automatically. I cannot even imagine why Apple didn't see fit to add a 'Cancel download' button.

Anyway, I'm just letting it cycle. But it is making the use of the iPad really slow. Hopefully by Monday......

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.