Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
Grow up. I haven't seen a 'droid army' on here ever, just a handful of adults who give an honest representation of their opinions amongst hordes of Apple-obsessed teenagers who rate every single thing the company does as 'perfection'. Anyone who dares suggest otherwise is heckled and shot down in flames by a vast swathe of immature comments. The only 'army' here is the Apple Fanboy 1st Battalion...

That is quite okay with me. This is macrumors not macandroid; a site for information about Apple and apple products. Are you still miffed about the whole 1 gig thing?

jkun

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2012
I just got white/silver from fedex and I totally agree. the 6 is much bigger than I was envisioning it. With my small hands I think its perfect. Also, much more sturdy feeling than I imagined it. Someone posted earlier and said it felt cheap. I disagree whole heartedly ..

xmichaelp

macrumors 68000
Jul 10, 2012
Seriously go check out that guys thread. I honestly think Samsung pays people to go on Apple forums and talk smack. i mean they do it on commercials so its not out of the possibilities.

It's been established that samesung pays people to shill their garbage. Thay're a joke of a company.

journalschism

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
My iPhone 6 arrived around an hour ago and I have to say it's way better than I imagined. The photos don't do it justice at all.

It's incredibly sleek and beautifully made. I have had pretty much all iPhones since the first but this one in my opinion is most certainly their best.

The screen is amazing and the icons look so close to the glass it's frightening. If you're one of those people on the fence about upgrading (I upgraded from a 5S) it's a no brainer and I'd be very surprised if you didn't feel the same when you see it in the flesh.

Quite stunning.

I just received mine and I have to agree. The screen is INCREDIBLE! The product photos pale by comparison to the real thing! And it is plenty fast. No need for Apple to get into pissing matches with Samsung. I think the 6 is an instant classic!

cfedu

Suspended
Mar 8, 2009
Toronto
as a grown adult man, I used to think that when people said that they were nuts, but after the past couple weeks, wtf I mean really..lol...I think it may be true, either that or to be android user, the first prerequisite is too have literally no social life and more likely never kissed a girl before...all seriousness do apple users go on droid forums all day long? I have never been on one since I dont use that product...last night I grabbed mcdonalds real quick, and guess what, I didnt come home and go on a burger king forum and say say mcdonalds uses better grease for their fries...strange F'in people man

Completely wrong!!! Really shows how you a no thought process, nor do the people upvoting you!

If someone spent 2 weeks in line to try the new Burger King fries then I think they would have justification to write whatever they want. POOR Mcsheep!!!

Wayfarer

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2007
It's incredibly sleek and beautifully made. If you're one of those people on the fence about upgrading it's a no brainer. Quite stunning.
Not enough pics!!! *Moar picss!!!!!!!

I'm Sold. Hand it over to me NOW!

temper-tantrum-o.gif

RichP74

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Just got back from the Apple Store.

Not buying yet, but I was able to play with both phones. The Plus fit into my pocket very comfortably, but I'm also male. The female Apple employee put the phone in her pocket, and it stuck out a solid 2".

Both phones are incredibly nice, and feel the most "expensive" of any iPhone since the original. I would be happy with either. The Plus would take an adjustment period, but I think I'd get used to it.

I'm waiting for the Apple Watch. I need confirmation that I can run using just that and have the run data sync up to the phone later, so I don't have to run with a phone strapped to my arm. If that's how it works, I'll get the Plus. Otherwise, the vanilla 6.

On a side note, it helps that my 5S absolutely screams on iOS 8. Seriously, my phone seems to be substantially faster, and I know this isn't normal based on what I've been reading here and elsewhere. IDK. It definitely "sold" me on waiting on the Apple Watch to put off upgrading my phone, though.

X-Ravin

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2008
I remember idiots saying the same thing about the ipad Air.

As a big Apple fan, and an owner of an Air (and the previous iPad model) I still maintain the screen on the Air feels like cheap plastic. I know it's not, but it sure doesn't feel as nice as using the thicker screens on the previous gens. I suppose it's a sacrifice for size and weight, which was my primary reason for getting the Air. Anywho, I'm not sure one has to be an idiot to critique an Apple product.

kwamayze

macrumors member
Jun 17, 2011
My iPhone 6 arrived around an hour ago and I have to say it's way better than I imagined. The photos don't do it justice at all.

It's incredibly sleek and beautifully made. I have had pretty much all iPhones since the first but this one in my opinion is most certainly their best.

The screen is amazing and the icons look so close to the glass it's frightening. If you're one of those people on the fence about upgrading (I upgraded from a 5S) it's a no brainer and I'd be very surprised if you didn't feel the same when you see it in the flesh.

Quite stunning.
I up voted you with the assumption you r telling the truth

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
It looks nice indeed but definitely not satisfying. The line on the back is weird. Oh and the protruding camera too. It feels extremely comfortable in hand. The build quality is in its own league compared to the Note 3 that my dad has

GlenK

macrumors 65816
Aug 1, 2013
St. Augustine, FL
I went with the 64g silver 6. This phone is beautiful and feels great in my hand. It's light and easy to use. I'm so glad they went back to the rounded edges. Most comfortable phone to hold since the 3 series.

I'm never a case guy but there's no way on earth I'd put a case on this baby. It feels fabulous.

granolatx

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
Utter BS. Stop sucking on the Apple horn will ya?
I'm a longtime iPhone owner and I'm not surprised in the least that someone said the i6 feels cheap. The 5 and 5S took a nosedive from the build quality of the 4 and 4S in my opinion, and a further drop in quality isn't shocking at all. It seems to be the way Apple are heading. Cutting corners and maximising profit, the spec of the i6 kinda suggests this long before you pick the device up.

Sucking the Apple horn would be saying, "I haven't even got mine yet and it is the best ever!" So..I haven't even got mine yet and it's the best ever! Boo-yaa!

mreed911

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2008
Not buying yet, but I was able to play with both phones. The Plus fit into my pocket very comfortably, but I'm also male. The female Apple employee put the phone in her pocket, and it stuck out a solid 2".

Women's jeans typically have shallower front pockets than mens. It'd stick out the same on you were you in women's jeans in your comparable size. Why, I don't know... its not like you can typically see pocket depth from "outside" the jean.

I'm waiting for the Apple Watch. I need confirmation that I can run using just that and have the run data sync up to the phone later, so I don't have to run with a phone strapped to my arm. If that's how it works, I'll get the Plus. Otherwise, the vanilla 6.

I'd be 50/50 on this as the watch is just a Bluetooth Accessory for the iPhone. I'm not sure what the sync interval is like, if it's like a Fitbit, etc. It will be interesting to see. I'm definitely out on the watch until the battery/power story gets better.

Waiting on my 6 to arrive so I can start the activation/restore process.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
The only thing I'd say negative really is that you can feel the antenna breaks pretty easily, the old "microns of tolerance" in the iPhone 5 seem to have been forgotten. You can also just feel a slightly sharp edge around the home button but I'm being picky there.

Aside from that it's beautifully put together, the screen is lovely and the buttons, especially the home button have a more reassuring and positive click than before, the power button could have stayed at the top but I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually! :D

SweetDove

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2012
I am so excited! Mine just changed to preparing for shipment. My date isn't until the 30th which is just killing me, slowly. But, I haven't decided on a case either, so I've got that going for me. I'm glad the phone is living up to expectations. Has anyone got a read on the battery yet?

Also - MAOR PICTURES!

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Or maybe Apple fans are just so far up Apple's hole that they will love anything apple makes. OP said that he owned every version of the iPhone meaning that he never used anything other than apple. Pretty sure he also had an iMac, MacBook and an iPad.

I have used most iPhone's except original iPhone, 3GS, 4S. I have used several Android phones to but not any Android tablets (have tried few on display demo at stores and they were to sluggish for my liking). From my own experience non of the devices I have used from other companies comes any close to the smooth user experience of Apple products. I am still using GS5, and man isn't this thing driving me bonkers? I don't get why a top of the range device would take lifetime to open a camera and snap a photo? Why would take lifetime to open a photo gallery? Why would not play a video recorded with it's camera for more then 10 seconds without stopping? Why so many other stuff like screen not waking up even after I press the home button? These are the type of stuff that makes me always go back to Apple. So yes, there is a reason why millions and millions tend to stick with the iPhone.

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Grow up. I haven't seen a 'droid army' on here ever

You should have gone to specsavers ;)

I'd be 50/50 on this as the watch is just a Bluetooth Accessory for the iPhone. I'm not sure what the sync interval is like, if it's like a Fitbit, etc. It will be interesting to see. I'm definitely out on the watch until the battery/power story gets better.

It should do. I have GS5 and gear fit and if I run, I can only take the gear fit and do the sync later with the phone. The only thing it doesn't do (which can be a deal breaker for some) is record the track where you been running, understandably, because does not have build in GPS.

Last edited:

MrTing

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2014
St Helens, Merseyside, UK.
last night I grabbed mcdonalds real quick, and guess what, I didnt come home and go on a burger king forum and say say mcdonalds uses better grease for their fries...strange F'in people man

I couldn't agree more, to me it feels like the people that do these kind of things are trying to justify it to themselves. A regular McDonalds eater to quell some of their guilt for eating there too much might go onto the BK forums only to justify their frequent purchases, but this only justifies it to them.

I have a friend on Facebook who feels the need to do this kind of thing with his new LG phone, only 2 months ago he was telling everyone how he was moving away from the iPhone blah blah blah, he was out of contract, the usual stuff people say. I, and some of his other friends told him to hang on for the 6 because it was going to have a bigger screen, but no, he got the the old NEED A NEW SHINY NOW fever and went and got this LG, since then he's posted about how if he's in this mood he can have this colour, or how if he's in another mood or feels like a change it does something else. On the iP6 launch day he posted how glad he was that he didn't wait for the new iPhone because his LG was only 0.1in different, all the time justifying to only himself that he made the right decision to not wait and buy his new shiny when he did.

That's quite a ramble, but I'm sure this is why so many of the android folks do it, I too have no interest on going onto an android forum and calling them all gay because they're using FAGDROIDS LOLZ etc.

The oatmeal explains this kind of thing well too, it translates well between the Apple/Android divide.

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/online_gaming

BeK

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2012
How about just purchasing the device size that makes you happy and ignoring what negative opinion that anyone else says about it? Apple made the best choice they could have possibly made concerning the iPhone as we now have options.
I have owned 3 different android handsets in the past as well as a android tablet. None of which ran to my satisfaction. Constant freezing, random reboots, running slow/sluggish are just to name of few of the problems that bog down android. I walk into Best Buy one day to purchase a iPod Touch and after realizing that the iPhone was essentially a iPod Touch with a radio built in I decided to buy it instead. It made sense to me because I carried a android handset and a Zune MP3 player around with me all the time. I had just purchased a new car stereo and it refused to read music from my Zune so I decided to purchase a iPod Touch which eventually turned into a iPhone purchase instead. It was one on the best decisions I ever made as my iPhone has been the most stable handset I have ever owned. I have had blackberrys, androids, and even Windows mobile devices and none compare in terms of stability, ease of use and even just plain esthetics.
There was only one thing that bothered me about the iPhone. It was too freakin small for my taste as I was so use to my android handset with its 4.3" display. Apple has finally wised up in terms of offering screen size options. Now I can honestly say that the iPhone is the PERFECT handset because I now have to option to carry around a huge screen if I so desire.

I recently ordered the iPhone 6 Plus for myself (because I desire a man-sized handset) for my 6'2" frame and I got the 6 Minus for my wife as she has smaller hands and felt the Plus was too big for her taste. Both devices are beautiful and its a win-win for Apple and their customer base.
Buy what makes you happy and forget what everyone else says. The stuff that Android lovers say about people who choose to use Apple products I actually find laughable especially since I used strictly Android for 3-4 years so I know first hand how unstable their OS is in comparison to iOS. Just learn to let it roll off your shoulder...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.