Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I went to my local AT&T store around 1pm today and there was virtually no line (3-4 people), and they had both models. When I played with 6+ that was on display I could not bring myself to buy it. It is waaaaay too big. I compared it to similar size screens and the iPhone 6+ is a bigger phone than all other phones of similar size. I ended up getting the iPhone 6 (128gb) instead.

I went there with 100% intentions on buying the 6+ but I just couldn't do it. Anyone else have a similar experience?

EvoNiner1986

macrumors regular
Jan 17, 2011
I went to my local AT&T store around 1pm today and there was virtually no line (3-4 people), and they had both models. When I played with 6+ that was on display I could not bring myself to buy it. It is waaaaay too big. I compared it to similar size screens and the iPhone 6+ is a bigger phone than all other phones of similar size. I ended up getting the iPhone 6 (128gb) instead.

I went there with 100% intentions on buying the 6+ but I just couldn't do it. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Exact same experience as you except mine was a blessing in disguise. I waited in line since 4:30am and was 6th in line. When the store opened I told the lady I wanted a 128GB 6+ (which they had plenty of) and she came back with a 6. By the time she realized she grabbed the 6 and not the +, all the plus models had been spoken for. I was pissed at the time but after playing with both models in the store extensively, I'm super happy to have the 6 and am glad it worked out the way it did. I feel like I would have been unhappy with the size.

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
I wanted to buy the 6+ as well. After seeing the 6+ on display I knew right away that I couldn't buy it. Ended up purchasing the 6 and am glad I done so.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I think if Apple had redesigned the 6+ without a physical home button and had made the 5.5 inch screen with a virtual button, perhaps the phone would not be so big? There was an LG phone in the store that had a similar 5.x inch screen but it was the same size as the iPhone 6. The LG was practically all screen and did;t have the extra space that is required on the top and bottom of the iPhones.

Prolif1k

macrumors 6502
Apr 14, 2009

They actually still had some 6+ at 1 PM? Wow!

cmhsam

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
I was happy that I ordered the 6 after seeing the 6+ at the Apple Store. Its huge

Starfyre

macrumors 68030
Nov 7, 2010
If the bezel was smaller at the top and bottom, then it would have been a no brainer for the 6+.
Till iPhone 7?

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
They actually still had some 6+ at 1 PM? Wow!

Yup, and before I left a lady came in to return a gold 64gb 6+. I thought she was going to ask for a 6, but she wanted a the space gray one instead lol

Avi30na

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
Im 6'9 and i wanted to go with 6+ at first. as you can guess i have pretty big hands too but 6+ is still too big for a phone for me. i mean yeah bigger screen n better battery is all cool n **** but i thought its gonna be my phone n its gotta be as portable as possible while having a big enough display. so went with 6 at the end. Although i switched from a galaxy S3 and its the same size, i dont remember ever wishing for the screen to be bigger.

Nikhil72

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
In the absence of a home button, where would the touch ID go? I know I can't do without that feature now that I've been using it for a year given enterprise email requires a passcode or security on my device. The bottom bezel can't go anywhere; they can shorten the top bezel if they'd like, but in all reality, that's not the area that's affecting one's ability to comfortably use the device since it's beyond any touch points.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I think if Apple had redesigned the 6+ without a physical home button and had made the 5.5 inch screen with a virtual button, perhaps the phone would not be so big? There was an LG phone in the store that had a similar 5.x inch screen but it was the same size as the iPhone 6. The LG was practically all screen and did;t have the extra space that is required on the top and bottom of the iPhones.

I really think that will be the iPhone 7. The bigger screen is great...it's just the form factor is too big. (I also think the iPhone six would be well served to grow to a 5.0 inch devices.

A 5.5 inch plus in a smaller form factor and 5.0 inch regular model would be ideal. (cue Samsung saying that's basically what they already have with the Note/Galaxy :rolleyes:)

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
The 6 plus size is good for about 85% of what I do on a phone but there are issues. Most apps look terrible upsize and one hand use is awkward. I think the weight is right at the edge of too heavy and a case pushes it over that edge. When I weighed the pros and cons for me, I like it for me but I know why some people wouldn't like it.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I'm actually in line and they still have 128gb 6 plus available and I wanted silver but I guess I'm taking the gold. It's 3 PM here and I'm in line waiting.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.