Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigchrisfgb

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2010
I was the first to get mine in store today.

I was able to hold the 6+ (the only one they had) and it's too big for most people in my opinion.

I'm very happy with my 4.7 64GB gold choice.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
How many of you are awaiting a delivery that O2 have said will be in early October??

Pimptastic

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Up North, UK
How many of you are awaiting a delivery that O2 have said will be in early October??

When i ordered mine, it said 2-3 weeks from launch date...got mine today.

Sending it back though, been using the plus all day, but just cant get on with it. Awesome bit of kit though

Dpfghela

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2014
Had a 6+ 64gb ordered with ee. Didn't arrive... Got to see em in the flesh. Thought the 6+ looked too big so checked o2 online. They are still claiming to have stock of white 6 normal with 128gb. Ordered it for delivery tomorrow... Not sure if the stock cliam is accurate though...

christyd20

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Derry Ireland
Been playing with the + all evening. Love it! The screen is amazing, photos are gorgeous, it's massive.. Can be hard to handle at times, but I know I'll get used to it! Glad I opted for the beast now

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
In-store o2 have now quoted the pre-ordered Phone 6+ not being available until October

But people have had their delivered, no?

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I have just phoned every O2 store in Devon, Cornwall and most of Somerset. They all say the same thing... iPhone 6+ isn't available from them until October 7th at the earliest.

I think it's poor that O2 are allowing themselves to be controlled like this, I wonder how many customers they are losing to other carriers who have stock of the 6+?!!

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I have just phoned every O2 store in Devon, Cornwall and most of Somerset. They all say the same thing... iPhone 6+ isn't available from them until October 7th at the earliest.

I think it's poor that O2 are allowing themselves to be controlled like this, I wonder how many customers they are losing to other carriers who have stock of the 6+?!!

My local O2 store said they wouldn't get the Plus until Oct 7th when I asked them the day before pre-order. That's why I pre-ordered and got the Plus yesterday.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I pre-ordered, but not until Thursday just gone, so unfortunately for me I am in for a wait.

It's still wrong though.

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
My local O2 store said they wouldn't get the Plus until Oct 7th when I asked them the day before pre-order. That's why I pre-ordered and got the Plus yesterday.

The thing is, I did pre-order!

If by 7th, we hear no further news regarding our pre-orders, I will probably buy it offline

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
I pre-ordered online and picked up my 64GB + in store yesterday. They seemed to prioritise online pre-orders over instore ones for some reason. It could be due to Carphone Warehouse helping out with online stock again but I'm sure I saw a post from someone saying that wasn't the case this year.

Hallstar

macrumors 6502
Oct 13, 2011
I think it's high time that Apple and carriers got their act together and were readily prepared for iPhone launches. The same problems seem to arise each year, along with new problems and timing issues.

Apple should setup up a team whose sole function is to organise a seamless launch with online and walk-in stores of Apple and all carriers.

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
I pre-ordered online and picked up my 64GB + in store yesterday. They seemed to prioritise online pre-orders over instore ones for some reason. It could be due to Carphone Warehouse helping out with online stock again but I'm sure I saw a post from someone saying that wasn't the case this year.

When did you pre-order can I ask?

MecPro

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2009
London
Managed to complete my order online at 9.10am. At that stage the confirmation screen was still saying delivery on or after launch day not 2-3 weeks.

Hmm, OK.

Just doesn't appear to be any rhyme or reason as to when you can get your phone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.