Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Yes, and apparently having it on reserve means NOTHING. Even though I got the reservation in the WEE hours of the morning (after multiple attempts leading to the same outcome) the ship date is based on when I complete the order, so I'd be waiting a month as well.

That's IF . . . . . Apple didn't lock me out of upgrading my phone. Apple apparently didn't like those multiple attempts and crashes and freezes, each one after I put my info in and either they or Sprint locked my account and BOTH say I have to wait 24 hours for the lock to be removed.

I've NEVER heard of this in the history of activating phones . . . . or this is just new to me at least.

Oh well! :p

I'll pick it up two weeks. Walk right in, drop the cash, and walk out with two phones.

May I ask how you know the ship date is based on when you complete the order? I ordered with AT&T Premier after I got my reservation and was hoping to cancel if I can use my reservation from earlier, but if it won't make any difference...

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
May I ask how you know the ship date is based on when you complete the order? I ordered with AT&T Premier after I got my reservation and was hoping to cancel if I can use my reservation from earlier, but if it won't make any difference...

Sure, it's when I went back to complete the order this morning. The first page showed what I selected and the ship date went from 7-10 at 3:00 am to 3-4 weeks.

Not totally upset, just new to the whole actually ordering an iPhone on pre-order day thing. It's a joke to wait a month for something that will seriously be available somewhere in two weeks or less.

hlfway2anywhere

Cancelled
Jul 15, 2006
Sure, it's when I went back to complete the order this morning. The first page showed what I selected and the ship date went from 7-10 at 3:00 am to 3-4 weeks.

Not totally upset, just new to the whole actually ordering an iPhone on pre-order day thing. It's a joke to wait a month for something that will seriously be available somewhere in two weeks or less.

yeah. i ordered with AT&T Premier and the tax was $35 more, so i'm trying to cancel it. meanwhile i ordered on Apples website anyways. One of them will cancel the other out at some point.

I'm curious what my reservation will say for availability when i get the email.

armandxp

macrumors 6502a
Jun 29, 2010
Orlando, FL
I placed an order on att's website at 2:58am for 64gb space grey plus. Said 14-21 days. Now when I check it says between October 13-24???? Really???? Anyone else having this kinda luck?

Xian Zhu Xuande

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2008
i am so sick of apple - a company that supposedly to be obsessed with the user experience. Cant do a live video stream, can't bring a store online on time forcing everyone on the east coast to wait past 3AM morning refreshing the webpages like idiots. And why can't you do this at 9PM PST so east coast doesn't have to be up so late.

f u apple.
Imagine if they tried to do this when significantly more of their customers were actually awake. ;)

... morning refreshing the webpages like idiots ...
And this is why things break during the pre-order process. The demand on the server is massive and once things stop working people mash refresh. Heck, people mash refresh waiting for things to start working. It's extremely hard to truly prepare for this, even with brilliant employees and a lot of resources. And it doesn't help to have so many moving parts, such as communicating with carriers during the order process.

Jleroy

macrumors regular
Jun 30, 2010
Santa Rosa, CA
AT&T check your order status page

Here's the address to check if you ordered thru At&t premiere; https://www.wireless.att.com/business/order_status/?B2B_GTM=B2BALN
I actually got thru to them before I was able to log into Apple store, the iPhone 6 128gb space gray is on track for 9-19 but the 6 plus also 128gb space gray ordered around 1 am says Oct 1st thru 6th. Usually the Apple Store App is in/out, but not this year?? Thought sure the 6 would go faster and since it was for my darling wife I fig'd I'd order it first, mine 2nd, teach me a lesson.
P.S. no dates on Att's site yet, but I added a line there so probably more to do before processing order.

Last edited:

TyPod

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
I ordered last night after struggling to get access to the store on my iPhone and iPad. I got the email this morning to continue to check out. It says it's going to be delivered on 9/19. Score!

flux73

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2009
I placed an order on att's website at 2:58am for 64gb space grey plus. Said 14-21 days. Now when I check it says between October 13-24???? Really???? Anyone else having this kinda luck?

Does it say 14-21 days or 14-21 *business* days?

dude-x

macrumors regular
Mar 2, 2007
New York City
Woah that's crazy. What happened, bro?
It arrived a week late. The tracking stated it would have arrived the day before the official day of availability but every day the tracking didn't change.

I called UPS every day asking for my package. At first, they said that sometimes drivers can't hit every location. The following day when it didn't arrive, they told me that they are going to escalate it. I stopped calling afterwards. Eventually it came the following Friday, followed up by a visit from UPS Security, who came to my office to ask questions, whether if I received my package and it was properly delivered. He also asked about details about my attempts to contact UPS.

I just assumed that that my box was the lucky one to get lost among the sea of packages. But the UPS Security guy hinted at that there may have been some malfeasance by an employee.

iop90cwl

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I stayed up until 2:30 am last night to reserve mine for pickup at the River Park
Square, Spokane WA store. It was frustrating to deal with Apple's servers, but I think it was worth it in the end. Although, I was late to work (I came in at 9 instead of 6:30) and I am a bit tired. Here's to hoping it was worth it!:)

adnbek

macrumors 68000
Oct 22, 2011
Montreal, Quebec
I'm amazed it's tolerated. I have a pretty good idea what would happen if you did the same only with anti Apple posts.

Oh please. You know very well anti-Apple posts are quite tolerated by mods on these forums, so I doubt someone playing the act of an extreme fanboy will get any attention by them either.

Umbrarian

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
Umbrarian said:
Agreed, I already cancelled my order. I will let things shake out and visit the store.

Agreed, I already cancelled my order. I will let things shake out and visit the store.Yes, and apparently having it on reserve means NOTHING. Even though I got the reservation in the WEE hours of the morning (after multiple attempts leading to the same outcome) the ship date is based on when I complete the order, so I'd be waiting a month as well.

Glad I cancelled. Instead of getting phone next month I went in at 10am after lines were gone and walked out with the phone.

Digital Skunk

macrumors G3
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
Glad I cancelled. Instead of getting phone next month I went in at 10am after lines were gone and walked out with the phone.

Wonderful. Same here except I had to got to a Target. Apparently, in Baltimore Maryland, no one goes to Target to get an iPhone. I've been to three of them so far looking for a second 64gb plus and all they have are 16gb models. Tons of them though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.