Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
And the Horse Wranglers are on their way to the big game! Oh yeah!!!!! Victory will be mine!!!!*

*Ok, maybe I am getting a head of myself here, but man it felt good to get that first win under my belt lol!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Dang, the commish is shooting out the gates this week! One player 37.1 points! Good lord!

Yep, thank you Julio Jones! Shout out to Matt Ryan for throwing those passes and I guess I should also thank the Tampa Bay Defense for being so terrible last night. :D

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
How in the world did I go from a .8 point win to a .2 point loss?

ESPN always makes adjustments to scoring when statistics are fully finalized by the NFL and officially reported. In the past we might have seen a 1 point swings here or there with the final adjustments, but now that we are using decimal scoring things are a lot more exact and close games will be won or lost by tenths of points.

Tough loss friend. :(

mscriv

macrumors 601
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
FYI to all team owners, I posted the following regarding scoring and ties in the Founders League, but wanted to share it here also. All of our leagues have the same scoring system so we could face a similar situation in this league as well.

Okay folks,

I double checked the league settings and looked over everything regarding the "tie" this past weekend between rdowns and MacNut. I could not figure out why the system was giving MacNut the win and so I eventually called ESPN support for help.

I was told that with decimal scoring there will never be a tie because the system actually carries the stats out to the hundredth place or "as far as it needs to go to break a potential tie". I'm not sure I understand that fully, but that's what the support guy on the phone said.

If you will hold your cursor over a team score then a popup will actually show you that team's score to the .00 place. So, the official ESPN score for rdowns' and MacNut's matchup is as follows:

rdowns: 129.46
MacNut: 129.54

I held my cursor over the score of other teams in the league and for some it showed a score to the .00 place, but for others it did not. I can only assume that if your score is, for example, 101.5 and the popup also shows 101.5 then your actual score is 101.50. If you have any questions then feel free to let me know, but for now that's all the information I have. I believe making the move to decimal scoring is best for our league, but there are going to be some "growing pains" as we adjust to the transition.

Tough loss rdowns... :(

stonyc

macrumors 65816
Feb 15, 2005
Michigan
I have the third most points in the league... yet giving up the largest amount of points through 3 weeks (2nd most points scored against is more than 100 points less).

So in the first 3 weeks of the season, I'm running in to teams that are averaging almost 165 points. Talk about bad luck... or good luck for the other teams. :eek:

In my two losses, I've had 346.1 points scored against me. That is more points scored against me in 2 weeks than Fireshot, Gibbs Free Energy, Jackalopes, Who Dey, Horse Wranglers, and 316 have scored in their first -THREE- weeks of the season.

And even in my first win of the season (week 1) against 316, they scored 148.1 points against me. Which is 43% of their total scoring so far in 3 weeks, and more than 33 points higher than their average scoring output so far (or nearly 29% higher than their average scoring output).

Long story short, I've run into the proverbial buzzsaw every week so far. People are having their best games against me. :(

Last edited:

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
I have the third most points in the league... yet giving up the largest amount of points through 3 weeks (2nd most points scored against is more than 100 points less).

So in the first 3 weeks of the season, I'm running in to teams that are averaging almost 165 points. Talk about bad luck... or good luck for the other teams. :eek:

In my two losses, I've had 346.1 points scored against me. That is more points scored against me in 2 weeks than Fireshot, Gibbs Free Energy, Jackalopes, Who Dey, Horse Wranglers, and 316 have scored in their first -THREE- weeks of the season.

And even in my first win of the season (week 1) against 316, they scored 148.1 points against me. Which is 43% of their total scoring so far in 3 weeks, and more than 33 points higher than their average scoring output so far (or nearly 29% higher than their average scoring output).

Long story short, I've run into the proverbial buzzsaw every week so far. People are having their best games against me. :(

There have been some freaking ridiculous numbers put up this year!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.