Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Face Ache

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2011
Oz
I've posted my nerd cave before, but here's the full tour. 27" 2014 iMac, Swan M50w speakers, Music Streamer II DAC, vintage Luxo lamp, Mathmos lava lamp, 1974 rotary phone (my main phone), a 1979 arcade machine and a few other bits and pieces.

UuQvR1W.jpg
IbpEYl9.jpg
ATclZl7.jpg
rXDZ8Yb.jpg
fZUNA2Q.jpg
kB2L7Ey.jpg
NPfDM8U.jpg
oIxcbUi.jpg
kBqsRpW.jpg
1MVTZHw.jpg
aiuYJ2K.jpg
Xd17GF6.jpg
mTxNZIS.jpg
W2kDwCr.jpg
1dPYeLg.jpg

The desk itself is ex-telco. Winds up and down, and has inbuilt runners for the wires and powerboards.

kvXLmLH.jpg

Pweeter

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
Sweden
I've posted my nerd cave before, but here's the full tour. 27" 2014 iMac, Swan M50w speakers, Music Streamer II DAC, vintage Luxo lamp, Mathmos lava lamp, 1974 rotary phone (my main phone), a 1979 arcade machine and a few other bits and pieces.

The desk itself is ex-telco. Winds up and down, and has inbuilt runners for the wires and powerboards.

Would really love to see more of those Dinky/Corgi/Matchbox toys.. brings me back to my childhood seeing them... :D

digitalnicotine

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2008
USA

Thanks for the tour! Love this room. My favorite setup on MR, (so far). ;)

macnerd93

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2009
United Kingdom
My Vintage Camera Collection & Desk

Nothing major has changed regarding my main desk area. Although I have a couple more rotary dial telephones for my collection (Mustard yellow) and a wall model which out of shot. I also picked up a grey 1970s Trimphone (out of shot). I have also been collecting quite a few more cameras and vinyl albums for shelf area :D.

On Friday I also received my Eumig Mark 8 Projector, which I am intending to use along with my Bell and Howell 414 D Standard 8mm Cine Camera. The projector works flawlessly so far, and it came with two reels of Kodachrome film of a Airshow taken sometime in the 1960s or 70s. I am shooting a nearby WWII reenactment in the next couple of weeks and cannot wait to try out Kodak's Tri-X B&W 200 ASA film stock in the camera, to give it that 1940s WWII look.

sKsUHHF.jpg

PS "Face Ache" loving the Mathmos Telstar lamp. I have the Astro myself.

Last edited:

Pkupman57

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2013
El Lay, CA
why do you have two mac pros though?

look really nice though!

----------

very nice

If thats for me, I don't. One system is a dual 2.3 G5, and the other is actually a gutted G5 case, and inside I have my power strip, cable modem, and an external drive, as it is my attempt at cable management. Keeps everything hidden, yet easy to access.

This is an early, and messy pic of it while I was putting it together.

scotttnz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
My first Mac - 2012 Mini:

P1020867_zps8b6cf18c.jpg

My brief foray back to the dark side after my hardware tinkering side got frustrated:

P1000885_zps75301beb.jpg

IMG_0522_zps33fcd4bc.jpg

Now back on a Mac:

P1020112_zpseab4f774.jpg

My desk is still a bit of a mess after moving house, but it's getting there.

Reactions: ZombiePhysicist
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.