Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
He's still the CTO, I'm sure his fingerprints will remain all over Oracle.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
I think he's run Oracle well. I don't think he handled the Sun aquesition very well. I wish him the best on what he wishes to do next.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I think he's run Oracle well. I don't think he handled the Sun aquesition very well. I wish him the best on what he wishes to do next.

I think the shareholders may disagree with you. From what I've read since he mentioned he was stepping down, that Oracle's prior quarters have been disappointing to wall street and they missed their expected targets this quarter.

Overall, as someone who uses Oracle products and services (And hardware) at work, I can say that they are too big. Their right hand doesn't know what their left hand is doing. Their support site is horrible, and the Sun hardware is extremely expensive. Other then say their Exadata server, I can't see anyone choosing Solaris at this time. In fact even then, you can choose running Linux with the Exadata server.

We have a number of Sun boxes left and we'll be switching them over to blade servers running Linux this coming fiscal year. The cost savings is immense.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.