Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mersudinh

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Went to AT&T store at 5pm (after work) in Nashville. They had plenty of gold and silver 6 left. They had none of the 6+.
Walked out in 15 minutes with 64 silver.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
No wait for me. Picked up 64gb iPhone plus gold att model at around from Apple store in Georgia.

Got off work. Went straight to Apple store. Apparently they got mid day shipment. They had all models and colors 4.7 and 5.5 inch and sizes 16 64 128gb. Only model they ran out of was Verizon plus model.

Screw att.com. I am canceling my other order.

Attachments

• 20140919_170120_HDR.jpg
    20140919_170120_HDR.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 262

H2K03

macrumors regular
Jun 13, 2009
I got a iPhone 6 Space Gray 128GB in 3 hours flat from Verizon corporate store. Don't know why people even deal with the Apple Store. I strolled in a 7am and walked out at 10am with my shiny iPhone.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Just got the IP6 64GB

Gotta say Apple did a great job on the new IP6. I forgot how easy it is to restore everything from iTunes to the new phone. It restored everything including app data and settings and preferences like wallpaper & lockscreen.
The camera seems to be a big upgrade. I will take more pictures this weekend as we are headed to the mountains for some hiking.
This is my Akita that died a few years ago....

SnnkA0wl.jpg

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
After waiting for 1.5 hours this morning in line, then waiting (and playing with my 6+) only to find out my sim card wouldn't activate, I finally have it for good!
And for the inconvenience, I got a midnight blue leather case for free!
Enjoy your new toys, it's been fun!

rehlers

macrumors member
Feb 13, 2006
Phoenix, AZ - USA
My iPhone 6+ 64GB T-mobile just shipped! Scheduled delivery for 9/22 (monday). I ordered it from apple.com and originally had an estimated delivery of oct 1-6.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Congrats mate, let us know the works plz! Would be great to have some inside comments from one of the "down below" crowd here in Alternatives :cool: Personally I'm dying to hear about any 3d party keyboards, if that's your thing.

What's your first impression of the screen? As compared to the recent Android flagships you've used?

----------

Get out.
First impression for the screen.....
I would put the screen in with my S5 and almost as good as the M8 i have had. But the bezels make it harder to use one handed then say the M8. I had the Moto X a week ago. They both have the same screen size but the Moto has better screen utilization.
It is a very nice phone

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Well then... the content of your OP is a bit thin. Just another "I got the new iPhone" thread. A real review would've been better ;-) the fact that you can restore your iPhone is nothing new.
But i wasn't writing a full review.......
True about restoring....but I haven't had to switch between one iphone to another in a very very long time. I forgot how easy it is.....
I have had mostly Android phones.....

serrenity20

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Georgia
Has it been confirmed whether the contract free iPhone is unlocked or not?

It is indeed unlocked I got the iphone 6 64gb from apple I put my cricket sim in the phone and it worked perfectly just do not put the tmobile sim in once you do its locked to them but after that you can use any sim you have I checked using myimeiunlock.com and got this for $2.52

Attachments

• 2014-09-19 19.24.12.jpg
    2014-09-19 19.24.12.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 197

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
Moto G.. you don't know me, so stop raging like a child. When some guy opens an "I have an iPhone" thread in the alternative section I had to think he was just trolling.

I wasn't aware that everybody can open up threads if he bought a new device. The forums I regularly visit have strict rules to stay clean. There are enough thread open to post an opinion about the iPhone 6.

cleirac

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2014
Didn't end up pre-ordering my iPhone this year as I didn't think I was going to upgrade. Walked into my local Apple Store and picked up the 6 around 1pm. They had tons of stock.. I'm loving it so far

Is it crowded? Where are you? I am going to grab an Apple leather tomorrow.

/Oh well, it is always crowded in all the 4 Apple Stores close to my place even if it is not a launch day. I imagine it will be epic fun as usual like I've seen in th past launch days.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
Moto G.. you don't know me, so stop raging. When some guy opens an "I have an iPhone" thread in the alternative section I had to think he was just trolling.

I wasn't aware that everybody can open up threads if he bought a new device. The forums I regularly visit have strict rules to stay clean.

Sorry if you are new here, then my "get out" must also have sounded a bit harsh! I apologise. What's cool about this sub forum is that people post and make comparisons between any mobile devices, including iPhones. Making it IMO the most informative mobile forum around, where you can really get informed and honest opinions to compare all platforms and devices.

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
First impression for the screen.....
I would put the screen in with my S5 and almost as good as the M8 i have had. But the bezels make it harder to use one handed then say the M8. I had the Moto X a week ago. They both have the same screen size but the Moto has better screen utilization.
It is a very nice phone

Thanks! In what way does the M8 screen look better? BTW if you feel like doing it, a photo of your S5 and iPhone side by side would be very cool to see :)

verpeiler

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2013
Munich, Germany
Sorry if you are new here, then my "get out" must also have sounded a bit harsh! I apologise. What's cool about this sub forum is that people post and make comparisons between any mobile devices, including iPhones. Making it IMO the most informative mobile forum around, where you can really get informed and honest opinions to compare all platforms and devices.

I'm not new, I probably spend 90% of my time at macrumors in this subsection. ;-) that's why I despise unnecessary threads at this great place.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Thanks! In what way does the M8 screen look better? BTW if you feel like doing it, a photo of your S5 and iPhone side by side would be very cool to see :)
I don't have my S5 anymore...I sold it.
The screen on the M8 (sold that too) seemed to be clearer and the colors seem truer if that makes sense. The blacks on the M8 screen were blacker.
I also noticed the mute and volume rockers on the left side protrude too much. They protrude more than the power/wake button does on the left hand side.

The screen is also a little rounded on the edges making it blend nicely to the sides. I am glad I did not get the IP6 plus.....for me that would be too big a phone.
So far this is a very nice phone!

danilko1

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2010
No wait for me. Picked up 64gb iPhone plus gold att model at around from Apple store in Georgia.

Got off work. Went straight to Apple store. Apparently they got mid day shipment. They had all models and colors 4.7 and 5.5 inch and sizes 16 64 128gb. Only model they ran out of was Verizon plus model.

lol - You will have daggers shooting at you, from peoples eyes.

UPS just stopped by and delivered my iPhone 6 Plus Gold 128GB. We unboxed it and it seems I am the only one in the family who wants it. It seems, next years trade down won't be an issue, as I will have to sell it instead. However I told them, they will change their mind in 12 months. We haven't even turned it on.

I am currently backing up my 5S.

</panic></stress><relief>...

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
I don't have my S5 anymore...I sold it.
The screen on the M8 (sold that too) seemed to be clearer and the colors seem truer if that makes sense. The blacks on the M8 screen were blacker.
I also noticed the mute and volume rockers on the left side protrude too much. They protrude more than the power/wake button does on the left hand side.

The screen is also a little rounded on the edges making it blend nicely to the sides. I am glad I did not get the IP6 plus.....for me that would be too big a phone.
So far this is a very nice phone!
Ah, I see (about the S5). And yeah, the colours on M8 display are very "clean" looking.

Anyway have fun with the phone, I'm dying to see it myself. I may end up going for a 6 Plus yet....

SteelBlueTJ

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2012
USA
Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you guys and so many people get new iPhones on launch day? What's the secret? You guys must pay full price for these things unless everyone somehow has Sept 19 as their upgrade date, or they have edge/next. I would have loved to walk out of the verizon store today with a new 6 in hand, but my upgrade date is still 2 months away, and I missed the 2 month grace period by 2 days. :mad:

Frankiec13

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Maybe I'm missing something, but how do you guys and so many people get new iPhones on launch day? What's the secret? You guys must pay full price for these things unless everyone somehow has Sept 19 as their upgrade date, or they have edge/next. I would have loved to walk out of the verizon store today with a new 6 in hand, but my upgrade date is still 2 months away, and I missed the 2 month grace period by 2 days. :mad:

Everyone who got the 5 on launch day was eligible

----------

Everyone who got the 5 on launch day was eligible
5S was a waste of time

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
iPhone6 64GB gray tmo

got mine, picked up from UPS local hub. then have to pass by apple store at bridgewater commons in NJ... verizon store, about 20 people in line... att store, maybe 5-7 people... apple store, of course, tens in line. went in, checked out the 6+, was so glad i bought the 6, just perfect for me. the 6+ additional features, i can live without it, it's just too big for me.

Attachments

• IMG_2808.jpg
    IMG_2808.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 235

RabbitLuvr

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2011
Kansas City

My husband and I both bought 4s on launch weekend. I traded mine for 5s, day after launch last year, but he never upgraded. He still isn't interested in upgrading, other than his phone feeling a little laggy, so I swapped upgrades with him and he'll take my 5s.

--------------------

Walked into Best Buy around 3pm. Walked out about an hour later with 64gb Silver 6 (AT&T). (The guy helping me was new and still learning, but I wasn't in any hurry.)

I almost pre-ordered, but I just had to hold both sizes before making my decision.

Will go back tomorrow with husband so he can trade in his old 4s for credit and activate my old 5s on his line. Will use store BB store credit for a case & screen protector for me, and a new case for the 5s. (For some reason, husband doesn't want to use purple glitter case, lol.)

scottsjack

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2010
Arizona

That's the way it worked for me last year. I walked into an AT&T store at noon, was about fourth in line, picked out a yellow 5c with 32GB and was out in a half-hour or so.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.