Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Koop87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
So I recently ordered a new Macbook but I just realized the crisis of epic proportions I'm about to face. I've been pouring some hours into the classic snes game "Chrono Trigger" on my pc (via emulator, legally of course) because I've never actually beaten it. When the new Macbook gets here, am I going to have start all over?! There is a mac version of the emu I am using, any chance I could somehow transfer save files over cross platform? Seems unlikely, but I really have to save the world. Time and space are depending on me. :cool:

Koop87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Wouldn't that require me to purchase a copy of windows? I'm a little cash short after the MB purchase.

michikade

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in Texas
zSNES works on MB; I have no idea what emu you're using but I've beaten CT on my MacBook before. Connected a wii remote to it via Bluetooth to use a classic controller, too, but that's just crazy stuff there, hahaha.

Not 100% sure about importing save data but maybe Google could help with that.

----------

Btw - it's worth beating it, then beating it another 12 times in New Game + to get all of the endings. Just saying.

Koop87

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 18, 2013
Yeah, zSNES is what I'm using too. So basically I have to see if there's a way to import saves from PC zSNES to Mac zSnes. I'm searching Google but so far no luck, I was hoping someone here had done it before.

michikade

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Somewhere in Texas
You SHOULD be able to import the .srm file in, from what I see it's all the same save type.

I could be very wrong, but that is the 'battery save' file. Save states are different, though, but it looks like you should be able to move the folder with your rom in it and everything should work ok.

Your mileage may vary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.