Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sarahsmiles

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2014
yes, you can, I did it on launch night on the app, there was an area in blue that said upgrade here that you click it then takes you to next

I would imagine it would be easier on apple.com but that was not an option on 9.12 as site was down - perhaps clear your web history, do a good o'l shut down + restart - perhaps that will help but plenty of people here did it so if not on Mac then do on apple app

Did you have a balance? We have a balance, but we paid the "upgrade" fee - as long as we turn our device in?

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Never came

Well here it is almost 9:30 at night and UPS never came to deliver my daughter's much anticipated iphone 6 Plus. Upsetting to say the least but what is more so, is that they don't know where it is!
Hoping for tomorrow. I'm so sad for her. :(

Alonzo84

macrumors 6502a
Dec 18, 2009
North Carolina
Was anyone able to purchase their iphone 6 through Apple's website using the NEXT program, if eligible? It's saying I'm eligible, but that I cannot do it through the website - that you have to go through AT&T? Despite THREE apple CS reps telling me I could??

Anyone??

I did without any issues.

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
Well here it is almost 9:30 at night and UPS never came to deliver my daughter's much anticipated iphone 6 Plus. Upsetting to say the least but what is more so, is that they don't know where it is!
Hoping for tomorrow. I'm so sad for her. :(

I'm so sorry for your daughter. Hopefully Apple will do something nice for her like offer a free case. I know it was a UPS issue, but Apple will want to know about it and they are pretty good at making customers happy.

normanfox

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2014
I think I might be the only one still on here that didn't get their phone today. Mad but a lesson learned. NEVER order anything from AT&T. Congrats to all that are playing with their phones.

I learned this lesson fours years ago when I bought iphone 4 from AT&T. From that point on, I tried extra effort not to buy phone from them.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Was anyone able to purchase their iphone 6 through Apple's website using the NEXT program, if eligible? It's saying I'm eligible, but that I cannot do it through the website - that you have to go through AT&T? Despite THREE apple CS reps telling me I could??

Anyone??

I think I was able to. My order hasn't shipped yet so I will found out soon and let you know.

metacuate

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I think I was able to. My order hasn't shipped yet so I will found out soon and let you know.

You can check for sure by 1) checking to see if that line's upgrade has been used or 2) go to myatt, then look up billing and payments, and it should give you an option to see your NEXT contracts. The apple.com next contract number should appear under that line (even though the installments shouldn't show).

It took 15 minutes for my order to show up in myatt.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
You can check for sure by 1) checking to see if that line's upgrade has been used or 2) go to myatt, then look up billing and payments, and it should give you an option to see your NEXT contracts. The apple.com next contract number should appear under that line (even though the installments shouldn't show).

It took 15 minutes for my order to show up in myatt.

I'm pretty sure it did as I went to AT&T this morning in hopes of an iPhone 6 Plus and was told I would need to cancel the upgrade with Apple first. I'm at AT&T's website, but do not see an option for myatt.

metacuate

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
I'm pretty sure it did as I went to AT&T this morning in hopes of an iPhone 6 Plus and was told I would need to cancel the upgrade with Apple first. I'm at AT&T's website, but do not see an option for myatt.

Right at the top ... Hover over Myatt -- then over billing and usage -- then click "make a payment". The new screen should have an option "view plan details", which brings up all your att next agreements.

Skipthedog

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
My wife's 6 plus 128gb in gold with AT&T was originally scheduled for 9/19, but because of "eligibility issue" it was pushed back to 9/25-29, then got the shipping notice with 9/22 delivery date.

My 6 plus 128gb in silver with AT&T was scheduled for 10/1-6 delivery, and now I just got the shipping notice with 9/29 delivery date.

I didn't get anything from Apple when I called them, but I'm happy now.

izzle22

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2004
Kansas City, MO

Anyone??

Yes. I was able to order mine and my wife's from Apple with the next program. Preordered them both last Friday and received them this Friday with no issues.

rthom0604

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
i ordered my 2 Iphone 6 pluses through premier. When i go to order status page it still has cancel preorder button. Am i still able to cancel order and will my eligibility show pretty quickly after i do cancel? The phone i want shows available for store pickup now and i want to cancel and order quickly

lsutigerfan1976

macrumors 68030
Sep 14, 2012
I went on Apple.com from my phone. And i was able to see the what my local stock was at my store. And i was able to successfully order an iphone 6 silver 4.7 inch display. They sent me an email saying it will be available for store pickup, with my order number etc. So it looks like i will be able to cancel my pending order with Verizon, and pick one up from Apple sometime Saturday after i get out of work!

Mackabadi

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
New to this thread after having migrated over from the ATT thread.

I just placed an order on apple's site for in-store pickup. Said "available today" when I did so. Should I be waiting for a confirmation email or should I just go there now? The order instructions at the end seemed to suggest that I would get a confirmation email or txt when my item was ready?

barondebxl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2013
Here in the dmv area, there are plenty of iPhones for everyone. Ppl were still getting theirs at 7pm last night

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I'd ordered 4 for family members, all 6's, all 64GB, one gold, three sg.

All 4 originally said Oct 2-7, but I just got shipping notices for all 4, arriving 9/29 or sooner.

lanestew

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2009
USA
Anyone else in the October 14-21 club? I ordered about 24 hours after pre-sale went live. IP 6+ space gray 64 GB. Still processing order

Last edited:

jmrdmd

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
Ordered on 9/12 just got shipping for 9/25. My local Apple Store has stock. Can I cancel and get it today and just refuse delivery or do a shipping intercept?
Thanks

appledude411

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
just cancelled my pre order.. on the left hand side it said: "SHIPPING OUT IN 28-35 BUSINESS DAYS" when my ship date was 10/2 from the status page. Unreal.

Good luck guys, I'm going to the Apple Store as they have stock.

NEVER AGAIN will I order from AT&T

overfedexed

macrumors regular
Jan 1, 2014
i ordered my 2 Iphone 6 pluses through premier. When i go to order status page it still has cancel preorder button. Am i still able to cancel order and will my eligibility show pretty quickly after i do cancel? The phone i want shows available for store pickup now and i want to cancel and order quickly

I called, ht cancel button and everything and still could not cancel my Premier.

Good luck after the order gets to a certain point. My order was only two days old and I couldn't get it stopped.

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
just cancelled my pre order.. on the left hand side it said: "SHIPPING OUT IN 28-35 BUSINESS DAYS" when my ship date was 10/2 from the status page. Unreal.

Good luck guys, I'm going to the Apple Store as they have stock.

NEVER AGAIN will I order from AT&T

hey quick question. I am not trying to be an a**hole. why are you in this thread if you ordered from AT&T. When you order through apple, does it go through AT&T as well if that's your carrier? Genuinely curious, again not trying to be an *****.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.