Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Went to the Apple store in my town just to see what the line was like. Asked if they had any 6 Plus left, and was told that they did not. So I reserved the iPhone 6 in Silver, and after a few hours pass by one of the Apple guy yelled anyone want to change to a 6 Plus, so I raised my hand, and they had the AT&T 6 Plus in 128, but in Gold or Space Gray. Not the color I wanted, but I decided to go with the Gold. So instead of the 6, they changed it to the 6 Plus.

I got to the mall around 1:40 PM, and at 5 PM it was my turn and got the 6 Plus 128 GB in Gold. As walking out, line was still long.

Edit: Not to mention that I actually had the iphone 6 Plus ordered at Apple.com. So I cancelled the order, got my eligibility back.

rsocal

macrumors 6502a
Sep 22, 2008
Southern Ca
UPS finally

As normal UPS doesn't get here until 5:45pm but worth the wait! iPhone 6 Plus is very comfortable in my hand!

I was very skeptical of 6 Plus, but I had to try it and so far so good!:cool:

The thinness makes a big difference! Does not feel bulky and Space Gray looks amazing! Feels like my iPad Air just mini size. I think I'm going to like the size of iPhone 6 Plus after all!:apple:

sallenthornton

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2014
Just received my 6 plus. Love it! Its bigger than I thought, but the extra width makes typing so much better for me. Really enjoying the larger screen. Probably won't be buying another iPad for a while. Lol

yodboy

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2012
Received empty package from UPS

Hi everyone,

I just received an empty package from UPS. No iphone 6 inside.

Anyone with the same experience (though i hope not)?

I'm trying to contact UPS via live chat, just sent an email to them.

:(

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
The "I just bought/ordered/shipped/received my new iPhone 6/6 Plus" thread

I just got mines as well (64gb iP6+).

The size is perfect for me. However, as I'm getting used to iOS, I have quickly noticed how limited it is.

Now, before I get killed, it's a nice phone but just not sure how I'm going to like it compared to my OPO.

kacper

macrumors regular
Jun 3, 2014
Hi everyone,

I just received an empty package from UPS. No iphone 6 inside.

Anyone with the same experience (though i hope not)?

I'm trying to contact UPS via live chat, just sent an email to them.

:(

Um if I received a empty package from UPS that was supposed to contain my iPhone 6, I would not be sending them emails or live chatting with them. I would be calling them and I would be on my way to the police station to fill out a police report... thanks god i went to pick up my iPhone at the UPS Customer Center.

ONEDVSMOFO

macrumors newbie
Oct 7, 2011
Finally

Finally received mine. UPS driver said he only had two more boxes to deliver, so I was third to last to get a package today!. Figures :confused:

tkmcguire1

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2009
Oklahoma
Kind of like that one time at a bar when a wookies arm fell on Bubba Fett's head. It was soo hilarious!

----------

Oh great i'm sooooooooooooooo glad you're listening.... so like after the wookies arm landed on Bubba's head and knocked him out cold. I walked by Medic Bay 6 and noticed 6 storm troopers, a couple tanks, and a battle ready spaceship. I'm like I don't know who that Bubba dude is but wow he's probably wanted for something. Then I saw two troopers walk out of the space ship with a huge pile of money on a lift. *shrug :confused:

Are ya'll on drugs??####

iphonic1

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2014
chicago
Mammoth Baby

I love this mammoth baby in my hands. Love Love Love:D:D:D:apple:
UPS guy came to me 5:55pm CST. He told me that Its his busiest day on job since he joined.

scoop2mylue

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2010
Indiana
man am I glad that I waited to go into the store and see the Plus in person that thing is way too damn big for everyday use and I'm 6'4...could have got the 6 this morning if I knew the Plus was that big but got my order in tonight 64GB slate 6 ordered ship date 7-10 days out Oct 8-13

hallidc

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2013
Is it crowded? Where are you? I am going to grab an Apple leather tomorrow.

/Oh well, it is always crowded in all the 4 Apple Stores close to my place even if it is not a launch day. I imagine it will be epic fun as usual like I've seen in th past launch days.

Wasn't crowded at all, I'm located in Halifax Canada.

Tylercr16

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2013
Went to the Apple store in my town just to see what the line was like. Asked if they had any 6 Plus left, and was told that they did not. So I reserved the iPhone 6 in Silver, and after a few hours pass by one of the Apple guy yelled anyone want to change to a 6 Plus, so I raised my hand, and they had the AT&T 6 Plus in 128, but in Gold or Space Gray. Not the color I wanted, but I decided to go with the Gold. So instead of the 6, they changed it to the 6 Plus.

You could technically exchange it for silver within 14 days, if they get them in stock. I'd keep the availability checker bookmarked and check it constantly

marker101

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2012
PA
Went to look at the phones tonight. Was looking at a phone I thought was the 6+. It wasn't it was only the 6. Went to another store that had both (on display) and I'm in the boat of the 6+ being just too big. I mimicked it being used as a phone, and it was too ridiculous.

So Monday I shall be canceling my 6+ pre-order and order a 6. If I did that to begin with, I'd have one today. 6 is plenty big, IMO.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
You could technically exchange it for silver within 14 days, if they get them in stock. I'd keep the availability checker bookmarked and check it constantly

Yes I could, but I don't care about it now and I'll just stick to what I have. Looking at it, I actually like the color.

ladeer

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2007
The UPS guy that comes to work told me he had delivered about 40 iphones today and had like 10 that people were not home to sign. I feel bad for those folks as I type this using my 64gb gold 6+

I am one of them but don't feel bad I am lying on the beach in Phuket until 9/26 (point yamu by convo) :)

bias

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2007
Celebrating 7 years of iPhone

LzEl6l2.jpg

http://instagram.com/p/tIxeMGNFbo

I remember when I switched from carrying a cellphone + palm pilot + iPod to one unified device, when there was no app store or the ability to customize my home screen with folders and pages, when there was no GPS for interactive maps, when there was no WiFi syncing, when there was no iMessage (and I hoped Adium would let me use all my chat protocols in one place), before iMessage unified all chat platforms into one seamless system, before iCloud pushed all my content between devices, before I could literally have a conversation with my phone ("Hey Siri"), before I could use my fingerprint to login and authorize purchases. I remember that I loved my top-of-the-line powerbook with a weaker processor and lower resolution screen than my iPhone 6 + has today. Is it the best technology on the planet? No, but it's the best execution on the planet. And I am grateful for how far that technology has come in the last 7 years.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....
Cancelled my AT&T preorder this morning and picked up a 128gb silver 6 at lunch. In and out at the same AT&T store within that hour. I just missed the space gray by 15 minutes, (probably to the woman who couldn't make calls because she still had the factory plastic film on the screen :D) Glad I got the bigger capacity, I giggled at how 20gb of movies did not even make a dent in the storage.

I like the things I am discovering in iOS 8 too, so glad I updated.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
One iPhone was delivered Friday morning, another one scheduled for today (Saturday).

Weirdly Apple Store online still shows the phone as unavailable for shipping on the Singapore site.

dsampley

macrumors 6502
Jul 2, 2007
Coming up for air :) Received my iPhone 6 plus 128 Gold today around 5pm along with my leather Apple case.

It will take getting used to the bigger screen but I really like the additional screen size. The phone feels much faster then my 5 and the screen looks great.

Now I just need to get Apple care on this bad boy as soon as possible.

For what its worth, my petite wife took one look at my 6 plus and has now decided she wants one to.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.