Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
To be honest, I've no clues where this should be posted.

After trying for the last 5 hours trying to put my music back onto the 5c, I give up. Jist of it, I decided to try restoring the iPhone and now I cannot get one single song to sync via iTunes while plugged into the Mac. It goes through the whole syncing crap, but then nada. Nothing happens. Music still doesn't show up on the iPhone no matter what I've tried for some reasons. Anybody have any ideas how to get the phone to download my music library again?

hj8ag

macrumors member
Sep 20, 2014
I'm having the exact same issue!

Running iTunes 12 PB on Yosemite, iPhone 6 with iOS8. I was having the same issue with my iPhone 5 before i upgraded but somehow managed to get this to sync... But my iPhone 6 is just not having it!

MacAlien

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Boston
Many more hours later, I still cannot get my music onto the phone. Even tried erasing the entire music library and iTunes ADDS 300 or so songs. Have tried turning off wifi stuff, enabling airplane mode, etc... Nothing. The one time I nearly succeeded in getting the music synced, it claimed not to have enough space free.../boggle. Before the update I had all my music AND photos on the damn thing and now I cannot replicate it.

So very seriously pissed off and about to throw the stupid phone and computer out the window.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Have the same problem with my new IPhone 6. Can't get my large music library on my new phone. Tried a number of suggestions posted by others...nada. Called Apple support and was told it would take awhile, since my library was large (9900 songs). Let ITunes run for 3 hours, with the process stuck on step 6 of 6, with the message "waiting for changes to be applied." Finally gave up.

Hoping this is an IOS8 bug thst will be fixed eventually...don't know what else to do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.