Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Original poster
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
How hard is it to program anything using Bluetooth on the iPhone?

How hard would it be to program a Bluetooth remote for the PS4?

I loved the PS3, and used it to play movies, but the new PS4 doesn't have an 'official' remote 'yet'. From what I've read, Sony is waffling back and forth on whether they even need a remove for their 'Outstanding And Easy To Use Game Changing Game Console'. I've been pointed to using the game remote to play movies, but there isn't a way to eject a disc from the keypad.

They appear to be reading their own reviews , and the 'I'm not buying an XBox 'one'' as meaning their PS4 is perfect just as it is.

It's ticking me off, not having a 'real' remote...

Their 'PS' button is some kind of authentication/pairing protocol I'd guess, but there has got to be a way to do it... I'd see other similarly ticked people paying something for that functionality...

Thanks all...

Last edited:

mfram

Contributor
Jan 23, 2010
San Diego, CA USA
The big problem is that the protocols to talk to the PS4 are likely proprietary. So unless Sony gives out the specs or someone reverse engineers them then you can't teach an iPhone or iTouch how to talk to the PS4 and act as a remote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.