Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dasanii

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2012
I purchased a Feather+ (0.15mm, rounded edges) for my iPhone 5 a couple weeks ago, but am now planning on going without a case. I saw that Mime also carries another glass screen protector that is 0.32mm thick (Ghost Glass) and also has a rounded edge. In this case, would the Ghost Glass offer more impact protection although they both have the same hardness?
Should I swap my Feather+ for a Ghost Glass?

Jazper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
I purchased a Feather+ (0.15mm, rounded edges) for my iPhone 5 a couple weeks ago, but am now planning on going without a case. I saw that Mime also carries another glass screen protector that is 0.32mm thick (Ghost Glass) and also has a rounded edge. In this case, would the Ghost Glass offer more impact protection although they both have the same hardness?
Should I swap my Feather+ for a Ghost Glass?

I'd stick wit the 0.15mm one for the i6, thick ones look very ugly. If they both have the same hardness it shouldn't matter.

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
I didn't have the best experience with them last time around. The glass screen protector developed a nasty scratch which reflected life like a biatch. Of course i wrote to them demanding a replacement and they did send me one. The replacement was a Note 3 screen protector btw and i was unable to send it back and exchange it for a ip5s screen protector. I switched to spigen and on my ip5s its been working very well (no major scratches). Ordered a glass tr slim for the 6 as well. Should get it after the 30th.

mel823

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2012
NYC
Used the Feather+ on my iPhone 5 and I have the ghost glass on my Moto X. I say go with the Feather+. I ordered the Feather+ for the iPhone 6 yesterday early morning and they shipped it. I got an email from them today saying they were re-doing the screen protectors for the iPhone 6 and would ship a new one out next week.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.