Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MJClark

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2014
The Western Digital apps don't work. I have a 2 TB my book live that I cannot connect to right now.

brielle

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2013
A Fix For Yahoo Messenger

I've got a fix for Yahoo Messenger 3.0.2 to work on 10.10. It's actually pretty simple.

1) Go to /Applications/Yahoo Messenger.app/Contents/
2) Edit info.plist in either a text editor or XCode
3) Change the option "CFBundleVersion" by +1 to the current number (ie: 235554 to 235555)
4) Save and attempt to rerun application from /Applications

You may need to move/duplicate the Yahoo Messenger.app to get finder to figure it out.

[[ Edit: Guess not. Crashes during login. I'm not sure of the exact issue. probably library differences. ]]

Last edited:

pietro333

macrumors newbie
Aug 24, 2014
MacPymol 1.3r1

MacPymol 1.3r1 worked until Mavericks,
When double click on app it doesn't even open - nothing happens.

DesterWallaboo

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2003
Western USA
EDIT: For whatever reason I read this thread as Public beta 1 not DP1.... :D So my comments are relevant to PB1 and PB2.

Getting ready to install the beta...

...but before I do....

What programs have stopped working once you installed Yosemite?

For me, the biggest concerns are...

1. Little Snitch

Little Snitch works... you just need to set your app to download the nightly builds instead of the release builds.

----------

Does Steam even work now? I tried installing it on Public Beta 1 and it never worked

It works fine on my 2011 MBP with beta 1 and 2.

----------

since upgrading mac book pro to Yosemite, iTunes fails to load either iTunes 12 or v 11.3

Sounds like something specific to your install. iTunes 12 has been working for me fine on both beta 1 and 2.

----------

Thanks tyvwebb13,

Adobe Creative Cloud

Adobe CC 2014 has worked without issue in both beta 1 and 2. I've not yet tested After Effects CC 2014... but I will be doing so shortly.

Last edited:

rcerro

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2012
Solihull
Preview app

Hi, anyone with preview app issues? .. since I've installed PB2 it's not working properly .. If I try to use the find in document feature (cmd+f) the app crash and also I've notice that the contents links does't work.

Thanks in advance

xsasha92x

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2011
Massachusetts, US
I've been using Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 on my Early 2011 Macbook Pro 15" and when I put the computer into sleep or close the lid, the front LED doesn't pulse at all :/ Also, I think I've had some problems with connecting it to my Late 2013 27" iMac but I can't remember if the problems I were having were before or after installing Yosemite.

snarfquest

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2013
DisplayLink USB went boom for me on DP7. The DisplayLink uninstaller doesn't work either and can't re-install unless it is first uninstalled. blah!

I'm trying to futz and find exactly what DisplayLink installs and fix/uninstall it manually at present.

revenent

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Hi, anyone with preview app issues? .. since I've installed PB2 it's not working properly .. If I try to use the find in document feature (cmd+f) the app crash and also I've notice that the contents links does't work.

Thanks in advance

I am having this problem as well. Quite surprised that it seems no one else is experiencing this.

Have feedback this symptom back to Apple and hopefully it gets fixed.

In addition, the contents on the left of preview does not jump to the selected page when i click on it too.

j800r

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2011
Coventry, West mids, England
I've got a fix for Yahoo Messenger 3.0.2 to work on 10.10. It's actually pretty simple.

1) Go to /Applications/Yahoo Messenger.app/Contents/
2) Edit info.plist in either a text editor or XCode
3) Change the option "CFBundleVersion" by +1 to the current number (ie: 235554 to 235555)
4) Save and attempt to rerun application from /Applications

You may need to move/duplicate the Yahoo Messenger.app to get finder to figure it out.

[[ Edit: Guess not. Crashes during login. I'm not sure of the exact issue. probably library differences. ]]

I don't know if someone else has mentioned this but Messages has built in support for Yahoo Messenger. Along with Google Talk and AIM.

The Yahoo Messenger app is outdated garbage. If it doesn't work then I'm glad as it will encourage more people to use the built in Messages app.

1Password runs flawlessly so I'm guessing these lists are outdated. So far I haven't found much that doesn't run. Parallels shouldn't be a surprise if it isn't running properly. CleanMyMac isn't compatible but they'll prompt you to download a beta version they have for the Yosemite beta that runs fine.

Firefox and Chrome are flawless. They just look ugly as all hell on Yosemite. Of course, my perspective is from beta 2. I suppose compatibilities could break with certain DPs.

edjusted

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2010
I am having this problem as well. Quite surprised that it seems no one else is experiencing this.

Have feedback this symptom back to Apple and hopefully it gets fixed.

In addition, the contents on the left of preview does not jump to the selected page when i click on it too.

Preview crashes all over the place for me on PB2. I get the thumbnails not scrolling well too.

KeegM480

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2013
Nashville, TN
I know a lot of people (myself included) haven't used Yosemite too much do to the lack of Adobe CC support, I did nothing but update my main partition to Yosemite and Photoshop/Premiere/Lightroom are all working for me.

AppleInTheMud

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2012
Vojens Denmark
After this last update of Yosemite (I got developers preview instead of public beta 3 :eek: ) the MAIL app is totally ruined.

New mail is shown, but can't be accesed. :rolleyes:

wgtiii

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2014
Mail is completely non-responsive

Since DP10 mail has no functionality. nothing works, no click ability. How can this not be fixed yet.

DSeeker

macrumors newbie
Aug 5, 2014
Pelham, AL
Since DP10 mail has no functionality. nothing works, no click ability. How can this not be fixed yet.

You mean Mail doesn't work for you. It works perfectly for the vast majority of us. File a bug report, be patient, and keep in mind that the problem may be on your end, not Apple's.

"Bugs" may be inherent (doesn't work for anyone), contextual (might not work in all configurations on all systems), or phantom (the problem is completely due to problems introduced by the user.) Apple can't fix problems on your end.

BTW, DP10? Apple is on DP8. Have you time travelled to a future where Mail doesn't work? ;)

jmgregory1

macrumors 68030
You mean Mail doesn't work for you. It works perfectly for the vast majority of us. File a bug report, be patient, and keep in mind that the problem may be on your end, not Apple's.

"Bugs" may be inherent (doesn't work for anyone), contextual (might not work in all configurations on all systems), or phantom (the problem is completely due to problems introduced by the user.) Apple can't fix problems on your end.

BTW, DP10? Apple is on DP8. Have you time travelled to a future where Mail doesn't work? ;)

There is clearly a bug in Mail affecting more than just one or two people. I've got two machines both experiencing severe Mail related issues after the latest dp build. A few devs had success removing sigs that were causing Mail to hang or crash, but that didn't fix it on either machine. Bug reports provided and I'm reverting one machine back because it's unusable as is. Something is causing the app to use all system resources to the point the machine is forcing the app to quit.

Obviously Apple made some critical change in the latest release, that when in a certain config, it's screwing the system.

katewes

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
Are we so immersed in the minutiae and detail of sharing what app does and doesn't work that we can't sense any outrage that Apple puts us through this every 12 months? - so many apps just not working?

There was a time before Apple became big that apps would mostly work with a range of OSX versions. Over in the Microsoft camp, there's a commitment to continuity.

And this is not to say that, because Apple disregards consistency, suddenly things are so much better for Apple users - compared to Microsoft users - because, in exchange for this mess, we get the latest tech, supposedly at the expense of compatibility. Not really. We just get developers having to provide us with the latest fix to adapt to the new OSX.

We need to call Apple out on this, that Apple just does not care about finding solutions that give the least possible disruption.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
Are we so immersed in the minutiae and detail of sharing what app does and doesn't work that we can't sense any outrage that Apple puts us through this every 12 months? - so many apps just not working?

I know, right? I'm STILL upset that MacPaint doesn't even work in Mavericks! And that app is from the same company! I should never have upgraded from System 7. :rolleyes:

katewes

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
I know, right? I'm STILL upset that MacPaint doesn't even work in Mavericks! And that app is from the same company! I should never have upgraded from System 7. :rolleyes:

If you go away, rolling your eyes, and not realise the unfairness of your statement -- well, you need to let life humble you more. It is easy to ridicule someone else's statement by using a tactic of exaggeration. To give a fairer illustration: If a spare part for your great-grand father's Model T Ford was not available, you would not be upset, but you would be furious if the Ford you bought 6 months ago can no longer be repaired because there's no more support and spare parts for it.

Undecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2005
California
If you go away, rolling your eyes, and not realise the unfairness of your statement -- well, you need to let life humble you more. It is easy to ridicule someone else's statement by using a tactic of exaggeration. To give a fairer illustration: If a spare part for your great-grand father's Model T Ford was not available, you would not be upset, but you would be furious if the Ford you bought 6 months ago can no longer be repaired because there's no more support and spare parts for it.

That makes no sense. The car comes with a multi-year warranty. Your complaint and further comparison (to a car, no less) is unjustified. Nothing you bought is spontaneously breaking. You don't have to upgrade! No one is making you do it. What exactly is it that you just bought that cannot be repaired?

Seriously, Apple is giving you something for free, and you're complaining that other people's products might not still work. You choose to go through this upgrade process. If you don't want to, then don't. If other people's products fail to keep pace with new versions of the OS that you choose to install anyway, then complain to them.

Compatibility is a valid concern (for me too, by the way), but blaming Apple doesn't make sense when this is completely optional.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.