Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
So I just got my Spigen Screen Protectors and I applied it nearly perfect. It's the "updated" one with the proper camera cutouts. You can see on the bottom left how I barely went over a little too fair and it doesn't "disappear" like the rest of it.

That's where the screen starts curving. I'd say this is the best you're going to get from a dry appliance screen protector.

Definitely like the feel of glass better (this feels less glossy) but sometimes I let my girlfriend carry my phone in her purse and the 6 Plus screen would be prone to scratches from keys/etc.

After spending $500 on the 128 Plus I can't afford to leave that screen wide open lol.

Attachments

• image2.JPG
    image2.JPG
    561.8 KB · Views: 464
  • image1.JPG
    image1.JPG
    565.4 KB · Views: 538
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    546.1 KB · Views: 431
Last edited:

imnofanboy

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
Where did you buy this from? Is this the one that comes in a 3 pack?
How do you know it's the "updated" one?

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Where did you buy this from? Is this the one that comes in a 3 pack?
How do you know it's the "updated" one?

I linked to it. Look at the 1st picture, it leaves an opening for the camera and sensor.

I'm going on Amazon right now to leave a positive review because I see it's getting trashed. There's NO WAY a dry case can be any wider because the screen starts curving and the protector won't be able to stick.

imnofanboy

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2010
How was the shipping? I read some of the comments too and everyone blasting them for not being in stock or not even shipping?

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
How was the shipping? I read some of the comments too and everyone blasting them for not being in stock or not even shipping?

I ordered it when I preordered my iPhone 6 Plus on the 12th and just got it today.

figaro331

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2011
don't buy it !

So I just got my Spigen Screen Protectors and I applied it nearly perfect. It's the "updated" one with the proper camera cutouts. You can see on the bottom left how I barely went over a little too fair and it doesn't "disappear" like the rest of it.

That's where the screen starts curving. I'd say this is the best you're going to get from a dry appliance screen protector.

Definitely like the feel of glass better (this feels less glossy) but sometimes I let my girlfriend carry my phone in her purse and the 6 Plus screen would be prone to scratches from keys/etc.

After spending $500 on the 128 Plus I can't afford to leave that screen wide open lol.

Please, read the review from amazon about spigen deceptive practice and advertisement and use your common sense :
http://www.amazon.com/review/RZIUXQW6F6D5T/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#RZIUXQW6F6D5T
I would never buy anything from spigen.com in the near future.:mad:

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Please, read the review from amazon about spigen deceptive practice and advertisement and use your common sense :
http://www.amazon.com/review/RZIUXQW6F6D5T/ref=cm_cr_pr_viewpnt#RZIUXQW6F6D5T
I would never buy anything from spigen.com in the near future.:mad:

So I'm lying? These are imaginary?

It took 8 days for me to get mine and they worked perfectly. I'm sure shipping may be "delayed" but I highly doubt they're stealing from their customers or creating "fake" tracking labels.

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I have not had any recent issues with Spigen. When I did in the past, their customer service was very good.

They have excellent products that I have used since they were SGP.

That is just one person's (or very few) experience. Don't write them off over one problem.

ricktat

macrumors 68000
Feb 18, 2013
They did the same for my 2 glass TR. Said in stock. Then told Amazon they shipped so Amazon charged my card and then email me to say they will ship on the 30th. Ordered on the 14th,

All is understandable except for lying to Amazon about shipping so they will get paid

----------

So I'm lying? These are imaginary?

It took 8 days for me to get mine and they worked perfectly. I'm sure shipping may be "delayed" but I highly doubt they're stealing from their customers or creating "fake" tracking labels.
The tracking numbers aren't fake. They create them so they can say they shipped for Amazon payment but the tracking number is idle until they box it on the 30tg

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
They did the same for my 2 glass TR. Said in stock. Then told Amazon they shipped so Amazon charged my card and then email me to say they will ship on the 30th. Ordered on the 14th,

All is understandable except for lying to Amazon about shipping so they will get paid

----------

The tracking numbers aren't fake. They create them so they can say they shipped for Amazon payment but the tracking number is idle until they box it on the 30tg
I guess I don't understand why people are so upset that they may have a charged a little earlier than they should have. You're getting the product, who cares if it takes a few extra days to get it.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I still think that there is too much space not being protected between the sides of the screen and the case. That needs to be tightened up more. Can you take a photo with your lock or home screen so that we can see how the protector lines up?

CarboysDesire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Las Vegas
I've had iPhones since the beginning and I've never used a screen protector. Ever.

I mean, I tried once but I hated it.

I've never had a scratch either.

What are you protecting from?

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I guess I don't understand why people are so upset that they may have a charged a little earlier than they should have. You're getting the product, who cares if it takes a few extra days to get it.

It's about being dishonest. Amazon is not kickstarter. If you're charged for a product, by the terms it should be shipped so I can see where they are coming from.

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
I still think that there is too much space not being protected between the sides of the screen and the case. That needs to be tightened up more. Can you take a photo with your lock or home screen so that we can see how the protector lines up?

I had to mess with the lighting to get it to show (it really is "invisible" to see).

Here...

Attachments

• image1-1.JPG
    image1-1.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 306

bobbydd21

macrumors regular
Nov 26, 2012
Your Spigen looks better than my Zagg glass screen protector. Mine fits for the most part but there is no cutout for the camera and the cutout at the top is pretty bad. I wonder if Zagg is going to offer an updated version as well otherwise I might return mine to Best Buy.

burnside

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
I had to mess with the lighting to get it to show (it really is "invisible" to see).

Here...

Thanks for the pic! Hopefully they can add a little more width to the film. Looks like you did a good job with the alignment!

ghsDUDE

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 25, 2010
Thanks for the pic! Hopefully they can add a little more width to the film. Looks like you did a good job with the alignment!

Ha thanks. Well after my OCD set in I reinstalled and did it perfectly. It literally fits the screen width (that lights up) perfectly.

I think if they go any wider it won't stick. I'll take pics later, but now the home button part looks perfect now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.