Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jizzles

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Hmmm I just realized the kenu isn't really adjustable depending on the type of vents. I like to angle my phone towards me and it seems like it can only face foward?

ajsnow6234

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
Jizzles, actually I like to do the same, but the Kenu holds it so tight that you can actually put the phone in at an angle. I do that too sometimes. I can show you a pic if needed

jsmakr

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
Torn between the Kenu and the 2 versions of the iOttie on Amazon. Will be using with a 6+.

Jizzles

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2010
Jizzles, actually I like to do the same, but the Kenu holds it so tight that you can actually put the phone in at an angle. I do that too sometimes. I can show you a pic if needed

Oh really that tight? No worries about hitting potholes or anything and having it fly out?

I might just buy it based on what you said lol

Pjrufus

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2014
I just got this one:

Koomus CD-Air CD slot mount. $21.99 on Amazon Prime.

I love it, much smaller and less obtrusive than the photos show. I was a little uneasy about having hot air heat blowing on my phone, or blocking the heat from getting to me, so I didn't go with a vent one.

I've actually installed it in the dash above the CD player. It's in the perfect position, and doesn't block access to anything.

Now, if I just had my new iPhone 6+! (T-Mobile waiting.)

jsmakr

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
Yea I just realized I want a cd slot mount too to position the phone lower than the vents, only problem is it would block my entire VW radio screen.

----------

I just got this one:

Koomus CD-Air CD slot mount. $21.99 on Amazon Prime.

I love it, much smaller and less obtrusive than the photos show. I was a little uneasy about having hot air heat blowing on my phone, or blocking the heat from getting to me, so I didn't go with a vent one.

I've actually installed it in the dash above the CD player. It's in the perfect position, and doesn't block access to anything.

Now, if I just had my new iPhone 6+! (T-Mobile waiting.)

This is the one right.
Koomus CD-Air CD Slot Mount Universal CD Slot Smartphone Car Mount ... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRKI5V2/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_MMHhub105VG1P

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I've been using the iottie one touch for a long time, not sure which version, I love it. I hated other mounts because they typically took 2 hands to remove the phone.

WRXiceman

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2012
England, UK
After seeing all the great reviews for the Kenu Airframe, I was going to buy it until I thought about the winter.
I don't want hot air blowing on the back of my iPhone :/

So I'm still on the hunt for a decent mount, and one that reduces the shakiness when driving. Any about that suppress the phone from shaking while driving?

Thanks

newtoiphone555

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2014
I've bought this one :

http://www.amazon.com/WinnerGear-Un...ie=UTF8&qid=1411299084&sr=8-1&keywords=montar

81LLxLT59JL._SL1500_.jpg

61x4n3QjUlL._SL1500_.jpg

review coming soon ...

J273

macrumors regular
Nov 3, 2007
Does anyone use the Airframe+ with the 6+? Thinking of going for one but how is the stability of it when driving along? Does it shake about or pretty secure on the heater grills?

Many thanks

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
I custom build my own car mounts using wood, spray paint, ram balls and arm. Each mount I build is custom fitted to the case to make it super easy to take out. None of that spring loaded vent mount plastic garbage. I even make holders for my motorcycle. The wood and glue I use is stronger than any of that plastic junk.
Took me many attempts to perfect a light weight and strong holder. I can make about 7 to 10 holders with $10 worth of wood. It's the ram arms and ball mounts that will cost money but those are built to last many years. Once I decide on a case I will post pictures.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
++proclip. I am thinking of going with the spigen air skin case. Does anyone think being how slim this case is (.03m) that if will fit the proclip iPhone 6 holder or will I have to get the universal one that accepts a case? I'd prefer the native iPhone 6 holder as it's padded with nice felt material where as the universal is a hard plastic which feels cheaper (yet is more expensive). I know the 6 holders aren't out yet, but wondering if anyone had experience with this for the 5/5s?

Lyn2012

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2007
++proclip. I am thinking of going with the spigen air skin case. Does anyone think being how slim this case is (.03m) that if will fit the proclip iPhone 6 holder or will I have to get the universal one that accepts a case? I'd prefer the native iPhone 6 holder as it's padded with nice felt material where as the universal is a hard plastic which feels cheaper (yet is more expensive). I know the 6 holders aren't out yet, but wondering if anyone had experience with this for the 5/5s?
From my experience with the 5, I would say not as it is a really snug fit. I always placed my phone into the holder naked. This time I am using a flip case on my 6+, so will get the adjustable model.

jsmakr

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
Any mounts that would position the phone lower than the cd slot? Lower console near so it's angled up near the shifter.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
Another vote for the proclip.
I have the one for the iPhone 3G that's taken every phone up to the 5 I've got. Will need a new holder for the iPhone 6 plus, just waiting now.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
One more for Proclip. Always fit perfectly and when you get a new phone you only need to get the phone part as you have the mount part already from the previous phone. The iPhone 6 ones come with a black cable also which is an improvement.

KAMB

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2013
Connecticut
I bought a celgo for my 5s and it holds the 6 plus fine. It is a little tougher to get it set than I would prefer but once it is in I don't worry about it at all.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/celgo/celgo-flexible-hands-free-cell-phone-holder-for-yo

The kickstarter is over, but the info on it is much better than on their actual website.

That actually looks pretty legit. Thanks for sharing that I might actually have to look into purchasing one of those.

ScubaCinci

macrumors 68000
Jul 11, 2008
OH
FWIW, the iOttie sticks extremely well to glass and smooth surfaces but does not stick to uneven surfaces (i.e. pebbled dash) as it claims. I tried on numerous car dashboard patterns and not one would stick.

jsmakr

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2008
I guess what I am referring too are the power outlet mounts that usually have an extension arm but there doesnt seem to be too many greatly reviewed / widely bought ones on Amazon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.