Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
After picking it up from UPS in the morning, didn't open until I got home. Went to Apple Store in Bridgewater Commons in NJ, tried to play with the displays, I'm so glad I went with the 6. The 6+ would be too big for my daily use.

=> Fit and finish are just great on this phone, love every single part of it.
=> Phone is still a bit big for my fat fingers, but getting used to it
=> Definitely need a case, and I love the curved smooth glass on the edges
=> The metal side is not that prone to scratches compared to iPhone5, closer to my Space Gray iPhone5S which hardly got scratched at all
=> Noticed some hairline scratches on the glass, looks like this one is easier to scratch than other iPhones
=> Battery kinda drains faster than iPhone5S, even after I charged overnight for 8 straight hours.
=> Got some cases, Spigen 0.44mm thin air skin soft clear and smooth black. The thin 0.4mm case, camera is still sticking out a bit, so I think I'll be using the smooth black... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXIBFGG/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_kDIhub1GFV434
=> Speaker is definitely louder than 5S
=> The Apps that are not optimized do look a bit blurry, but of course, updates will follow from most apps pretty soon.
=> Kinda missing jailbroken features like faster animations, more buttons on the control center, etc
=> Oh, and VoLTE worked on this one, on EVERY number I called.

IMG_2812.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.jpg

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2851.jpg

IMG_2852.jpg

BBB8CA9E-71A0-4C8F-A766-F583406BFD26.png

Last edited:

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Excellent photos and good post. The *only* things I disagree with is the glass being easier to scratch and the battery being worse than the 5S. So far my battery is MUCH better than my 5S. But maybe I'm just lucky :)

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
What kind of case did you get? do you mind posting the link from where you bought it? I like the case on the last three pictures! the one you can see through. Thanks!

LOVE The pics by the way.

HXGuyAZ

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2014
Wow that clear case actually looks VERY nice! Which one is that and is it smooth or rubbery? Would prefer smooth as rubbery is hard to get into and out of jean pockets.

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
Wow that clear case actually looks VERY nice! Which one is that and is it smooth or rubbery? Would prefer smooth as rubbery is hard to get into and out of jean pockets.

it's the hard thin plastic, not the silicone rubbery soft case. on the amazon link i added, i think all of those cases are hard plastics.

Vertigo50

macrumors 65816
Apr 11, 2007
I have the same case so I'll jump in here. The Air Skin is smooth, with just a little texture for a grip. It slides easily in and out of a pocket. It is an awesome case and just about the perfect case for me, because I'd prefer to go naked, but I'd worry about scratches and the iPhone is just too darn slippery on its own.

Two things to keep in mind about it:
1. It basically offers no drop protection. It's only 0.4 mm thick. I can't believe how many people bought it and complained it won't protect against drops. What were you expecting people?
2. The camera still sticks out just a bit past the case because it's so thin. Not by much, and it doesnt really wobble on a flat surface, but it might bug some people.

Neither of these are a problem for me and I totally love the case.

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
I have the same case so I'll jump in here. The Air Skin is smooth, with just a little texture for a grip. It slides easily in and out of a pocket. It is an awesome case and just about the perfect case for me, because I'd prefer to go naked, but I'd worry about scratches and the iPhone is just too darn slippery on its own.

Two things to keep in mind about it:
1. It basically offers no drop protection. It's only 0.4 mm thick. I can't believe how many people bought it and complained it won't protect against drops. What were you expecting people?
2. The camera still sticks out just a bit past the case because it's so thin. Not by much, and it doesnt really wobble on a flat surface, but it might bug some people.

Neither of these are a problem for me and I totally love the case.

I agree with you on #1 and I really don't worry about protection from drops since I want the thinnest case possible. My only worry was the camera, that's why I'm just leaving this as a backup and use the other case I bought.

Fattytail

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2012
The case he's using is the Spigen Airskin. Basically a copy of the Caudabe Veil, which a lot of people on here had/have for the 5. Here's a link: http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-6-accessories/products/the-veil-ip6-frost

Those photos are fantastic, by the way. I especially like the curvature of the glass on these new iPhones. Looks so sleek.

fenskezen

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2011
I picked mine up today. 8 hour wait. Well worth it. I was coming from a 5. This phone impresses me already. 3 hours old. So much smoother and polished. Love the feel and size. And the suggested type thing. I swear it know me. #. A plus so far.

zzoomp09

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 18, 2012
nordern nu joizee
Are you using a screen protector? Not sure which one to get but probably need one soon since it scratches easily

Yes I did. I had mine replaced, long process but got one. And screen protector was on as soon as I removed the plastic cover. Bought Zagg from Best Buy and Belkin from Apple Store. What's on now is the Belkin since I had experiences with the Zagg through my previous iPhone few years back. I think I'd like the clear look than the somewhat frosted anti-glare film.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.