Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Okay so Monday I should see some activity via ups, but didn't you get tracking today? How are you getting it Monday?

Your guess is as good as mine. UPS has been very reliable for me and so I expect anything that's left the building before 12 noon on Saturday can probably make for Monday (UPS works overnight). Then again, that's what the rep told me who called me up. I'm expecting Tuesday as it stands because I'm just expecting the worse haha. Still hoping for Monday though, I don't see that as unreasonable.

I know :( We should start our own list: The we don't have a phone list! Lmao it'll be longer than theirs!

----------

Hey Ashford were they able to do anything for you?

Erm, come to think of it.... Not really other than ask me for anything that he could help me with (guess I should have asked for some refund or an upgrade for the unshipped 16GB Gold 6+). Like I said earlier, I was mid convo with some family showing them around when they called so I wasn't prepared to barter with him and get some goodies in any shape or form ;)

I should note however, other people that have been called did ask and receive benefits. If nothing's here on Monday I'll give them a ring and ask for something considering their other rep said I'd get my 6+ 64GB SG on Monday.

joker07x

macrumors member
Sep 19, 2012
I was charged for shipping however I'm calling them and getting it waived after I get the phone

i agree.. i thought that was stupid to begin with all that money for a phone and they couldnt ship it for free imo only the people who wanted expedited shouldve been charged for shipping

Disciple2123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Houston, Texas
Your guess is as good as mine. UPS has been very reliable for me and so I expect anything that's left the building before 12 noon on Saturday can probably make for Monday (UPS works overnight). Then again, that's what the rep told me who called me up. I'm expecting Tuesday as it stands because I'm just expecting the worse haha. Still hoping for Monday though, I don't see that as unreasonable.

Erm, come to think of it.... Not really other than ask me for anything that he could help me with (guess I should have asked for some refund or an upgrade for the unshipped 16GB Gold 6+). Like I said earlier, I was mid convo with some family showing them around when they called so I wasn't prepared to barter with him and get some goodies in any shape or form ;)

I should note however, other people that have been called did ask and receive benefits. If nothing's here on Monday I'll give them a ring and ask for something considering their other rep said I'd get my 6+ 64GB SG on Monday.

Yeah... i may private msg you for that number at some point if i don't see any update early this week cuz i ordered on the 12th and to not be getting any updates is ridiculous. And I'm a college student lol the struggle is real!! so anything they could give me would help!

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
That would be me. Whats my worst situation?

You want the very worst? Something's gone wrong with your order and you need to phone up CS and confirm everything's gone through ok. If they say yes, phone up your bank.

That's unlikely though, I expect you might see some movement on Monday or Tuesday at the very latest. I don't really see the above scenario happening. If there's nothing then you should give them quite a stern call because if you were promised (in the text) a 9/19 delivery. Hey, maybe they'll ship you a 128GB instead or refund you something. It's really a lot about how you present yourself to the guy that answers.

Again, I was told I would get my devices anything from the 22nd to the 30th... Considering I got a call saying one of mine would be here on the 22nd and the other later that week, I don't have much to complain about other than I didn't get mine on launch because I ordered early.

----------

Also updated my sig to reflect current situation.

hslayer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Also:

Pre-ordered > Backordered? What do you guys think? I was Backordered right up until the point of "Shipped" Nothing in between, straight from Backordered to Shipped. I think the site is dodgy though so don't rely on that status.

FYI MyChoice probably won't update this weekend if a label was made, it only updates on Origin Scan I believe.

Hey Ashf0rd,

Thanks for trying to help everyone out. I was trying to send you a DM but for some reason I don't have an option to do so.

I preordered 3 iPhone Plus on Friday around 11 am PST using JUMP plan online.
So far, there is no charge on my credit card and tmobile website is saying Order date 12th/Backordered date 13th and current status is backordered.

First text I received was on the 12th saying my order is being processed
Second text was on the 13th saying my order is currently backordered with no estimated delivery date.
Third text was on the 17th saying thank you for your iPhone order, we will send estimated delivery timing in the next 1 to 2 days.
Last text was on the 19th saying Your iPhone order is important and prioritized :rolleyes: We will update you with any new information and ship as soon as we get inventory...

I have no idea why this is happening and it's really frustrating. Do you think you can help me out some how?

Thank you so much.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Yeah... i may private msg you for that number at some point if i don't see any update early this week cuz i ordered on the 12th and to not be getting any updates is ridiculous. And I'm a college student lol the struggle is real!! so anything they could give me would help!

Sure thing.

Y'all should know that it's the first Sunday since launch tomorrow so I wouldn't get too unahppy if nothing happens. The rep that phoned me did say that they are receiving phones "even on the weekend" but I imagine that's either only Saturday or they receive phones on Sunday but don't act.

Then again, after all this shambles I would expect them to work out stuff over Sunday too.

MarkDK

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2010
Sound off by quoting this message. How many of you got the 9/22-9/30 text/email, no CC charge(full), nothing from UPS(even track by reference), used JUMP online on the 12th, your myTmobile page says "backordered", and robochick says "your order is being processed, but not yet available for shipping"?

FYI: It has to be exactly like this as we speak sans the type of iPhone. If the above info changes for you, let me know, so I can remove you from list below and congratulate you!

manders09
witeboy07
TechDiva
cdawg
emigh72
Amacfa
xmastacrackax
IAmKenzo
andrewsteele
ayeying
blah35
andrewj41
vkuber
One Cool Cat
Itskorbitch!
Samuelmorgan
TommyApple6Plus
Kohkane
johnny76
troyhouse
ILOVEMYCITY216
chunology
RansZ28
Ordered around 2pm on the 12th with Jump! right about the time the tmo web started accepting jump orders again, last txt was for my 6+ 64gb grey, 22-30, no movement since... no CC charged

Disciple2123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Houston, Texas
Sure thing.

Y'all should know that it's the first Sunday since launch tomorrow so I wouldn't get too unahppy if nothing happens. The rep that phoned me did say that they are receiving phones "even on the weekend" but I imagine that's either only Saturday or they receive phones on Sunday but don't act.

Then again, after all this shambles I would expect them to work out stuff over Sunday too.

yeah.. i honestly think that things should get a lot better now that launch is outta the way! I think we will receive better updates and the phones will get out to people a lot sooner than expected. But like you I'm thinking worse case scenario. lol

greatness

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2014
You want the very worst? Something's gone wrong with your order and you need to phone up CS and confirm everything's gone through ok. If they say yes, phone up your bank.

That's unlikely though, I expect you might see some movement on Monday or Tuesday at the very latest. I don't really see the above scenario happening. If there's nothing then you should give them quite a stern call because if you were promised (in the text) a 9/19 delivery. Hey, maybe they'll ship you a 128GB instead or refund you something. It's really a lot about how you present yourself to the guy that answers.

Again, I was told I would get my devices anything from the 22nd to the 30th... Considering I got a call saying one of mine would be here on the 22nd and the other later that week, I don't have much to complain about other than I didn't get mine on launch because I ordered early.

+1. Disciple2123, just to offer another perspective, I ordered on the 12th (06:28 PDT) with a expected delivery date of 9/19. Called the night of the 19th about the order, was told it was on Backorder but otherwise the order looked fine. Got another call on the 20th telling me my order was cancelled. For the record, I politely refused to place another order and...went our separate ways. Sort of.

When in doubt give 'em a ring.

Ashf0rd, for whatever it's worth, I do commend and appreciate any and all help you're providing on the forums. I'm sure there's more than a handful of nail-biters remaining here.

Disciple2123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Houston, Texas
+1. Disciple2123, just to offer another perspective, I ordered on the 12th (06:28 PDT) with a expected delivery date of 9/19. Called the night of the 19th about the order, was told it was on Backorder but otherwise the order looked fine. Got another call on the 20th telling me my order was cancelled. For the record, I politely refused to place another order and...went our separate ways. Sort of.

Ashf0rd, for whatever it's worth, I do commend and appreciate any and all help you're providing on the forums. I'm sure there's more than a handful of nail-biters remaining here.

ohhhh man! lol I've been calling at least once a day to make sure that my order isn't cancelled or anything but i may just give the executive a call to really make sure that everything really is indeed ok with my order. Thanks for the heads up!

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
Hey Ashf0rd,

Thanks for trying to help everyone out. I was trying to send you a DM but for some reason I don't have an option to do so.

I preordered 3 iPhone Plus on Friday around 11 am PST using JUMP plan online.
So far, there is no charge on my credit card and tmobile website is saying Order date 12th/Backordered date 13th and current status is backordered.

First text I received was on the 12th saying my order is being processed
Second text was on the 13th saying my order is currently backordered with no estimated delivery date.
Third text was on the 17th saying thank you for your iPhone order, we will send estimated delivery timing in the next 1 to 2 days.
Last text was on the 19th saying Your iPhone order is important and prioritized :rolleyes: We will update you with any new information and ship as soon as we get inventory...

I have no idea why this is happening and it's really frustrating. Do you think you can help me out some how?

Thank you so much.

Sure thing! Perhaps you can't send DMs just yet because you haven't reached the member rank. I'm sure you'll reach that fast enough.

Good news is that you don't seem to be in any worse shape than a lot of others here. There's a few more people in your situation and so it seems pretty normal, nothing out of the ordinary as of now.

Few points to note:

1) Using JUMP!: I also used JUMP! online and I was worried that my order didn't go through because the site was so buggy and my order kept crashing. I do not think your order has been canceled and I do not think there was an error going through. Now, once the T-Mobile standard lines are open I suggest you give them a ring and simply ask a rep for an order status. This is the best chance of seeing if your order has not been canceled. A lot of chat reps I've spoken to aren't high enough to check details on your order (no idea why) and they'll just refer you to the number. So give them a call and then you can be sure nothing's gone wrong there.

2) Site status: Totally fine here from what I can tell, I had the exact same status.

3) First Text: Looks good, no issues there. I also received this.

4) Second Text: Normal. I got this on Monday morning I believe.

5) Third Text: Again, quite a few people received that text and so I'm going to classify it as normal. I would wait until Tuesday morning and if there's nothing then I'll give you the number and you should phone up. I say Tuesday morning (I know, seems like a long wait) because some people received the text on Friday. Seems only realistic and fair to give T-Mo a full business day or two before getting concerned (given the state T-Mo's in AND because I've received texts late at night before, 3AMish).

6) Fourth & Fifth Text: People also got this. However, a bunch of those people got shipping notifications (even delivery) today, Saturday. Point 5) applies here because they're just texts trying to get people to calm down. It's basically saying "hey, we know people ordered and we're still trying stuff."

TL;DR of it is, wait until Tuesday morning and you might have a good shot at getting some compensation (in some cases it's been a refund or upgrade of storage capacity) because you have a serious case that's hard to argue with. Calling earlier might not do much for you.

Good luck, if there's anything specific you wanted to know or something I've missed just let me know. For now though, I'm off to bed in a few!

----------

Thank you and I agree. A bunch of people had orders canceled out of the blue. Out of all the orders though, I'd say that it's not as likely to happen as other cases. Definitely still worth giving them a call tomorrow, folks, and just confirm everything's fine. If they say it's good, perhaps you can call your bank and ask them to let all T-Mo orders through without hesitation and what-not just to be safe. Other people have done so earlier.

Also, I should note that people received devices today without being charged which is super weird. Anyhow, it can happen which is strange I guess. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Ha, I'll most likely be here until this thread dies off for real because I know how much I've been screwed around with and I know how much others have. More importantly, I know how frustrating it is and I want to make sure people get their devices.

Lesson: When Apple offers EIP and JUMP! order with them and do pickup at store :cool:

hslayer

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Sure thing! Perhaps you can't send DMs just yet because you haven't reached the member rank. I'm sure you'll reach that fast enough.

Good news is that you don't seem to be in any worse shape than a lot of others here. There's a few more people in your situation and so it seems pretty normal, nothing out of the ordinary as of now.

Few points to note:

1) Using JUMP!: I also used JUMP! online and I was worried that my order didn't go through because the site was so buggy and my order kept crashing. I do not think your order has been canceled and I do not think there was an error going through. Now, once the T-Mobile standard lines are open I suggest you give them a ring and simply ask a rep for an order status. This is the best chance of seeing if your order has not been canceled. A lot of chat reps I've spoken to aren't high enough to check details on your order (no idea why) and they'll just refer you to the number. So give them a call and then you can be sure nothing's gone wrong there.

2) Site status: Totally fine here from what I can tell, I had the exact same status.

3) First Text: Looks good, no issues there. I also received this.

4) Second Text: Normal. I got this on Monday morning I believe.

5) Third Text: Again, quite a few people received that text and so I'm going to classify it as normal. I would wait until Tuesday morning and if there's nothing then I'll give you the number and you should phone up. I say Tuesday morning (I know, seems like a long wait) because some people received the text on Friday. Seems only realistic and fair to give T-Mo a full business day or two before getting concerned (given the state T-Mo's in AND because I've received texts late at night before, 3AMish).

6) Fourth & Fifth Text: People also got this. However, a bunch of those people got shipping notifications (even delivery) today, Saturday. Point 5) applies here because they're just texts trying to get people to calm down. It's basically saying "hey, we know people ordered and we're still trying stuff."

TL;DR of it is, wait until Tuesday morning and you might have a good shot at getting some compensation (in some cases it's been a refund or upgrade of storage capacity) because you have a serious case that's hard to argue with. Calling earlier might not do much for you.

Good luck, if there's anything specific you wanted to know or something I've missed just let me know. For now though, I'm off to bed in a few!

----------

Thank you and I agree. A bunch of people had orders canceled out of the blue. Out of all the orders though, I'd say that it's not as likely to happen as other cases. Definitely still worth giving them a call tomorrow, folks, and just confirm everything's fine. If they say it's good, perhaps you can call your bank and ask them to let all T-Mo orders through without hesitation and what-not just to be safe. Other people have done so earlier.

Also, I should note that people received devices today without being charged which is super weird. Anyhow, it can happen which is strange I guess. :rolleyes:
thank you so much for explaning everything in detail along with your awesome instruction. I will wait until Tuesday morning and give that a shot. I really hope that it doesn't have to come to this. Anyway thank you and have a great night!

VDubb

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2011
T-Mobile is reporting my phone as shipped as of today, sadly the tracking number provided has yet to show up in UPS's system. Hopefully it will show up on Monday with delivery on Tuesday.

zakarhino

Contributor
Sep 13, 2014
thank you so much for explaning everything in detail along with your awesome instruction. I will wait until Tuesday morning and give that a shot. I really hope that it doesn't have to come to this. Anyway thank you and have a great night!

You too pal, hope you get those awesome devices. I had to stop myself going in the SF store today and playing around with one :eek: I want to save the magic for when I actually get mine.

Have a great night y'all. Stay :apple:. See you in the morning.

teemowbull

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Then there's this, anyone see this?
http://9to5mac.com/2014/09/20/iphone-6-lines-video-chinese-mafia/

Seems like every store in NYC was infiltrated by the Chinese mafia. Aall bought 2 phones, paid in cash, and then met someone right after to hand over the phones and get paid. And let's be real, most of these people being interviewed in line couldn't even tell you what an iPhone looked like.

People reported seeing all these asian people getting off busses to wait in line, all paying in cash. You just know that all these phones that we all tracked coming in on the planes ironically get sent back over to China to the black market for 150 - 200% markup.

After checking a few blogs, this wasn't just NYC. Some mall employees in the suburbs are saying that the majority of people in the super long lines were asian, and this was a location where they said you'd be hard pressed to see even one asian person a day in the entire mall, probably one of these WASPy burb areas that I like to call DULLSVILLE.

Technically, this isn't illegal but Apple really needs to figure this **** out. Make the first week only credit card sales, or for people with a phone plan already, something.

robbycollazo2

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Add Me to the list

Add me to this list, please! Looks like a lot of us are in the same boat!

I ordered at 8:00pm september 12th, got an email on the 17th stating and I quote,

"Thank you for your iPhone pre-order. We have seen very high pre-order demand since the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus launch was announced, and want to assure you that your order is a priority for us. We will be sending you an update on the status of your order in the next 1 to 2 days, which will include when we expect your iPhone to be delivered".
Sincerely,
T-Mobile Customer Service

I still haven't received no text message, no CC charge absolutely nothing, I chatted with a CR who verified that my order was done on the 12th isn't cancelled and he couldn't give me any more than that. I am so bummed right now, everyone is playing with their new devices and I am not, can't even go to youtube without seeing people unboxing all colors and models but yet we can't get just one phone while they have 6 phones. it really just grinds my gears!!! the lack of information and then sending me a lie of an email because no one reached out to tell me anything at all.

greatness

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2014

Seems like every store in NYC was infiltrated by the Chinese mafia. Aall bought 2 phones, paid in cash, and then met someone right after to hand over the phones and get paid. And let's be real, most of these people being interviewed in line couldn't even tell you what an iPhone looked like.

People reported seeing all these asian people getting off busses to wait in line, all paying in cash. You just know that all these phones that we all tracked coming in on the planes ironically get sent back over to China to the black market for 150 - 200% markup.

After checking a few blogs, this wasn't just NYC. Some mall employees in the suburbs are saying that the majority of people in the super long lines were asian, and this was a location where they said you'd be hard pressed to see even one asian person a day in the entire mall, probably one of these WASPy burb areas that I like to call DULLSVILLE.

Technically, this isn't illegal but Apple really needs to figure this **** out. Make the first week only credit card sales, or for people with a phone plan already, something.

Point taken, but $649/$749 from man-in-Hong-Kong-who-will-make-$1000-profit is the same to Apple's bottom line as I-waited-for-years-for-a-bigger-iPhone-and-I-will-die-without-it-and-I-must-have-it-on-release-day guy.

still doesn't beat the 2 days in below freezing weather to get a PS4 in Korea gig: Korea PS4 release (article by Kotaku.com)

Disciple2123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Houston, Texas

Thats crazy! seeing that makes me upset! lol they couldn't even speak english!! not being racist or anything but like you said they should find a way to disallow these things from going on at least on launch week.

tommysm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2013
I feel like if you've got tracking today, you'll get it Monday, or Tuesday being the latest.

teemowbull

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Point taken, but $649/$749 from man-in-Hong-Kong-who-will-make-$1000-profit is the same to Apple's bottom line as I-waited-for-years-for-a-bigger-iPhone-and-I-will-die-without-it-and-I-must-have-it-on-release-day guy.

still doesn't beat the 2 days in below freezing weather to get a PS4 in Korea gig: Korea PS4 release (article by Kotaku.com)

Classic last line about waiting for the Xbox and not wanting to be #1 in line:
"Instead, he wants to be number two in line—number two so the first person isn't lonely."

See things like that make me smile, even if it was a small Mom&Pop organization, bunch of family and friends doing it, making a few thousand off the phones and going on vacation together or something goofy. But this has all the markings of the Chinese mafia/gangs. Same people who are into sex slave trade, drug runners, protection money etc... scary ****. I think Apple jumped the shark with it this year and that they will do something to combat this next year. Something easy would be the first week is only people with contracts/wireless plans. Current customers ready to use a JUMP-like program etc. The rest would be phone orders, all credit card based. Then after a week or so when it has quieted down, let people use cash in the stores.

----------

Just out of curiosity, are there any people left on here that preordered the first day and still don't have their phones or UPS scheduled delivery date yet?

Dare I say that I miss the craziness that was happening on Friday, I was so addicted to this thread I was refreshing like crazy reading all the stories. Got some great advice too. Almost too quiet around here now.

One Cool Cat

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Classic last line about waiting for the Xbox and not wanting to be #1 in line:
"Instead, he wants to be number two in line—number two so the first person isn't lonely."

See things like that make me smile, even if it was a small Mom&Pop organization, bunch of family and friends doing it, making a few thousand off the phones and going on vacation together or something goofy. But this has all the markings of the Chinese mafia/gangs. Same people who are into sex slave trade, drug runners, protection money etc... scary ****. I think Apple jumped the shark with it this year and that they will do something to combat this next year. Something easy would be the first week is only people with contracts/wireless plans. Current customers ready to use a JUMP-like program etc. The rest would be phone orders, all credit card based. Then after a week or so when it has quieted down, let people use cash in the stores.

----------

Just out of curiosity, are there any people left on here that preordered the first day and still don't have their phones or UPS scheduled delivery date yet?

Dare I say that I miss the craziness that was happening on Friday, I was so addicted to this thread I was refreshing like crazy reading all the stories. Got some great advice too. Almost too quiet around here now.

6+ 64gb SG here. No UPS info, just a 9/22-9/30 text. Sucks cause if it doesn't ship Monday (paid $25 for one day air), I'm sore out of luck cause I'll be out of the country starting Wednesday till mid-October. I really don't want to burden my parents or my sister by having them keep a look out for something that may or may not arrive on time :(

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
My phone hasn't shipped yet. It's still "pending shipment"....... can I call T-Mobile and cancel my order? Or is it too late?

Truth be told, I already bought it at the Apple Store lol

tommysm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2013
My phone hasn't shipped yet. It's still "pending shipment"....... can I call T-Mobile and cancel my order? Or is it too late?

Truth be told, I already bought it at the Apple Store lol

That's what happened to me, I ended up going to a store and getting it, I called to cancel, and it was done, however, I received a tracking notification, and when I called they said it wasn't canceled lol, so idk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.