Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
Hi,

So I'm now running iOS 8 on my 5S and Yosemite PB3 on my Macbook Pro. Really enjoying using both and I've recently installed iCloud Drive on Windows Bootcamp on my Mac and copied the data from my Dropbox folder into iCloud Drive - it isn't that much stuff but it's fairly useful and important stuff.

I can access this data on OS X and Windows fine, but how do I go about accessing it on my iPhone? With Dropbox I could load the app and read certain text files and view certain pictures.
Also can I access the drive from a random machine like I can with Dropbox?

Looking to replace Dropbox with iCloud as my backup service.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
I wouldn't do that just yet. It will not be clear how the iCloud Drive in the future will be fast enough or compatible when linking stuff to third party computers/portable stuff. Plus in it also depends on how popular iCloud Drive is once Yosemite is released to the masses.

Having survived the .Mac online fiascos I don't trust the dependability the Apple online services will be that dependable. :eek:

Cancelled
Original poster
Jul 3, 2013
I wouldn't do that just yet. It will not be clear how the iCloud Drive in the future will be fast enough or compatible when linking stuff to third party computers/portable stuff. Plus in it also depends on how popular iCloud Drive is once Yosemite is released to the masses.

Having survived the .Mac online fiascos I don't trust the dependability the Apple online services will be that dependable. :eek:

Thanks, I'll keep them running side by side then for the time being.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.