Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Seriously peeps, step away from the flight tracking sites! :eek:

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a popular consumer product. It'll get to you when it's good and ready. Hitting refresh every 2 minutes to see if it's cleared customs yet will only increase your blood pressure.

My Name is URL

Suspended
Nov 18, 2013
UK
Did anyone buy AppleCare+? I rushed to get the phone when I pre ordered so didn't get anything with it but now I'm considering getting it.

Can I just ring up and buy it? I don't need to go to the Apple Store now that I have the phone do I?

AaronMitchell91

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2014
Essex, UK
Seriously peeps, step away from the flight tracking sites! :eek:

It's not a conspiracy, it's just a popular consumer product. It'll get to you when it's good and ready. Hitting refresh every 2 minutes to see if it's cleared customs yet will only increase your blood pressure.

Haha :) it's just good to see your new phone traveling the world. Yesterday I got a departure scan from Shanghai went onto Flight Rader 24 and saw a flight to Dubai that had just departed. :)

Jinjin

macrumors G3
Mar 22, 2011
London, UK.
My order status on apple.com has changed to:

We're Sorry.

Something went wrong with your request. Please try again later.

Hmm....

Don't worry. They probably having maintenance or site issues. I see

We're Sorry.
We're sorry, but our Order Status services are extremely busy right now. Please try again later.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Haha :) it's just good to see your new phone traveling the world. Yesterday I got a departure scan from Shanghai went onto Flight Rader 24 and saw a flight to Dubai that had just departed. :)

That's what UPS email alerts were created for. ;)

Obsessively stalking flights that might possibly maybe have a Phone a bit like the one you ordered on it suggests you need help from a medical professional.

MagicBoy

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2006
Manchester, UK
Haha I think I do need help :) I'm being so impatient to get my new phone.

It's only a phone. It's like my iPhone 4, just a bit bigger, a little thinner, somewhat lighter and a lot faster.

Guess I got lucky with a hassle free store reservation the day after the online store started quoting 3-4 weeks!

jayenh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2008
I use Amazon Basics ones once the Apple one gives up the ghost, 3 lengths and 2 colours, they last a lot longer than cheap eBay ones and a lot cheaper than Apples ones.

Just curious, do these pop up the "unsupported accessory" message like some of the eBay cables?

judethat

macrumors 6502a
Nov 16, 2007
Did anyone buy AppleCare+? I rushed to get the phone when I pre ordered so didn't get anything with it but now I'm considering getting it.

Can I just ring up and buy it? I don't need to go to the Apple Store now that I have the phone do I?

If you don't get it when you buy phone it has to be seen in a store before you buy or you have to run a diagnostic programme before it can be activated

taytos

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Sandhurst - UK
Just curious, do these pop up the "unsupported accessory" message like some of the eBay cables?

Never had that message, both me and the girlfriend use them, think I have 6 total here... prefer dedicated ones in the car/laptop bag. Don't get me wrong... they still die eventually but they are a lot more rigid than Apple's one and don't start to fray near the connector as easily.

Had some cheap eBay ones, even went with the braided ones, barely last 2 weeks.

DarkStryder360

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Oh, I wouldn't use one... only the Apple one seems to work well and it's huge/hideous. Buy 3 other actual lightning cables for the same price and have a much better experience and just give up trying to use the old spare 30-pin cables you have.

But I need them. I have an AV receiver which I play(ed) music through, 30pin attachment, and my car stereo has a built in 30pin.

My Name is URL

Suspended
Nov 18, 2013
UK
If you don't get it when you buy phone it has to be seen in a store before you buy or you have to run a diagnostic programme before it can be activated

Can they not do a diagnostic over the phone cause it says this:

How to get AppleCare+
Add it to your shopping basket during the checkout process when you purchase your new iPhone.
Buy it within 60 days of your iPhone purchase. Your iPhone purchase date is the date we ship and charge you for your order:
At an Apple Retail Store (requires inspection of your iPhone and proof of purchase)
By calling 0844 209 0611 or 0800 107 6285 (requires you to run a remote diagnostic and provide proof of purchase)

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/APP_IPHONE_PLUS_AUTO-110480/applecare-plus-for-iphone

iConnected

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2011
But I need them. I have an AV receiver which I play(ed) music through, 30pin attachment, and my car stereo has a built in 30pin.

Buy a genuine Apple 30 pin adapter. Some knock offs don't provide all of the functionality that the Apple one does. You can get them on eBay for less than full RRP - for example, item no. 271408075116.

Xzentric

macrumors member
Feb 9, 2012
Oh how I would love my conspiracy theory to be true.

I see the my order status is down on the apple store.

Im hoping that they are now allocating the fresh stock that is due in soon.

Then maybe they can think about bumping up my del date! I can't wait till the 10 oct. Its killing me :eek:

gal24

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2009
Oh how I would love my conspiracy theory to be true.

I see the my order status is down on the apple store.

Im hoping that they are now allocating the fresh stock that is due in soon.

Then maybe they can think about bumping up my del date! I can't wait till the 10 oct. Its killing me :eek:

The order status in apple website not working maybe something new?

DarkStryder360

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
Buy a genuine Apple 30 pin adapter. Some knock offs don't provide all of the functionality that the Apple one does. You can get them on eBay for less than full RRP - for example, item no. 271408075116.

They will 100% work and audio quality won't be compromised? Thanks for the item number.

Makala

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Finally out of ****ing Korea
"Incheon, Korea, Republic of 21/09/2014 11:50 Departure Scan"

taytos

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2014
Sandhurst - UK
Finally out of ****ing Korea
"Incheon, Korea, Republic of 21/09/2014 11:50 Departure Scan"

My colleagues phone left Korea on the 19th at 11:52am and arrived in Almaty at 3:05pm

The same plane that went from Korea to Almaty a few hours ago just took off from Almaty for Warsaw! Hopefully we get more scans showing up any minute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.