Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Hello all,

For a number of years I have used the simple NHS BMI Tracker app to enter my weight daily. This app appeared to be abandoned from the word go, was never updated for iPhone 5, nor seemingly even for retina display screens. I put up with it, as it was the only simple app I could find that didn't include food tracking etc.

Anyway, I got an iPhone 6 and it no longer works properly.

What I am looking for is a simple app that when I open it, I can type in a passcode and then immediately type in my weight. The only other feature it should have is historical data/graphs, and as I'm coming from another app, an ability for me to enter dates in the past.

I don't use apps with ads, so if it is paid that is fine.

Thanks!

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
Hello all,

For a number of years I have used the simple NHS BMI Tracker app to enter my weight daily. This app appeared to be abandoned from the word go, was never updated for iPhone 5, nor seemingly even for retina display screens. I put up with it, as it was the only simple app I could find that didn't include food tracking etc.

Anyway, I got an iPhone 6 and it no longer works properly.

What I am looking for is a simple app that when I open it, I can type in a passcode and then immediately type in my weight. The only other feature it should have is historical data/graphs, and as I'm coming from another app, an ability for me to enter dates in the past.

I don't use apps with ads, so if it is paid that is fine.

Thanks!

I use My Fitness Pal and it is MORE that you need but it is amazing!

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
MFP is way more than you need, and it takes a few taps to do what you want.

I'd use the stock Health app. Put the weight section in the dashboard, so when you open Health, weight will be front and center. Tap to add a data point, and you're done.

-Ryan-

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Thanks for the suggestions. Strangely the NHS app has actually started working again, but I will take a look into alternatives, because as I said, it appears to have been abandoned for a couple of years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.