Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I am selling my iPhone 5s on Craigslist now that I got my 6Plus. I have a possible buyer but they are asking me to email them certain info. By hey say, "Also can you tell me the ESN/MEID. I'm buying this to use on TING's network and I just want to make sure it will work for them.". Is this safe to provide them? This is the first iphone I have sold on Craigslist.

C. Robert

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2013
Baltimore
If you can get it done safely on craigslist that is better. You don't have to worry about buyers making baseless claims or paying seller fees. Everyone wants a piece of your money, screw them.

ssl0408

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2013
New York
I am selling my iPhone 5s on Craigslist now that I got my 6Plus. I have a possible buyer but they are asking me to email them certain info. By hey say, "Also can you tell me the ESN/MEID. I'm buying this to use on TING's network and I just want to make sure it will work for them.". Is this safe to provide them? This is the first iphone I have sold on Craigslist.

I would not provide that information personally.
There are a lot of scammers out there.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
sell on swappa.com

i did. much easier and not shady. never use CL imo.

I also have a listings there. Craigslist bit first but it's ok. I'm not worried about meeting anyone. Just need to know if it's safe to give someone these numbers.

techiegirl

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2007
I also have a listings there. Craigslist bit first but it's ok. I'm not worried about meeting anyone. Just need to know if it's safe to give someone these numbers.

I would not give them the #s but that's just me. I would offer to meet them at AT&T/Verizon or whatever carrier store. They can also check warranty information while we meet in person.

Kealohilani

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 16, 2012
I just emailed him back saying I am more than happy to let him verify what he needs to when we meet up before the sale is final. Probably won't ever here from him again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.