Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gr8pursuit

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2014
L.A. CA
6+ still at UPS China hub for 2 days

Checked UPS tracking and my 6+ still stuck in China since the 19th.
Anyone else in the same boat?
(originally scheduled for Oct 1-6 delivery but updated to Sept 29 and now to Sept 25)

J.

Attachments

• i6 track.JPG
    i6 track.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 57

tgenius

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
This is mine and it doesn't make any sense if its supposedly being delivered on Monday!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 11.15.10 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 11.15.10 AM.png
    88.5 KB · Views: 80

DocG1914

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
DC/MD
Checked UPS tracking and my 6+ still stuck in China since the 19th.
Anyone else in the same boat?
(originally scheduled for Oct 1-6 delivery but updated to Sept 29 and now to Sept 25)

J.

Mine is more than likely in the same batch. I'm hoping ours get pushed up to a Monday delivery like some people in here that got moved up like us. But I'm grateful we not waiting until Oct like we first thought.

tgenius

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
TGenius at least yours is moving, hope mine gets bumped up to 22nd too.

Either one of 2 things is going on here..

A)The phones are NOT scanning when they move to their next destinations in China. It's possible some scans are being missed, but I doubt this somewhat.

Or more likely:
B)The Delivery dates UPS are putting are incorrect; My phone scanned in Shanghai @ 12:45pm EST yest (which correlates to the 12:45am Shanghai for the 21st) and I find it hard to believe it will somehow miraculously be delivered tomorrow.

ddavp

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2014
I ordered my 6+ Sept 12 and the delivery date given was Oct. 6-10. I checked my order status yesterday evening and it now says it has been shipped and will be delivered tomorrow (Sept 22) via UPS.

What a nice surprise! :D

SoraXSky

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Daphne, AL
I thought I read this before, so I was just wanted to verify.

Is it true that, when doing Pick-Up at a Local Apple Store, you're not able to do AT&T Next? For pick-ups ordered online only. I know I can for online orders with delivery since mine is currently 3-4 weeks away...

DocG1914

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
DC/MD
It's strange that mine got to Zheng Zhou China before tgenius and yours but mine still shows at Zheng Zhou.

Let's keep updating and see if the delivery date is true or we get bumped back.

J.

Yea it is strange but I think UPS isn't scanning the packages. We might be surprised and get an update tonight saying that we get our phones tomorrow. (Maybe that's me wishful thinking) But after looking at the last flight plans on flightaware our phones might already be in the USA (Louisville) and not scanned in since it is the weekend.

Fingers crossed this is the case!!!

fkhan3

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2010
This is mine and it doesn't make any sense if its supposedly being delivered on Monday!

I am in the same boat as you. I placed two orders within 4 mins of each other. Interesting thing is the one that shipped earlier is expected to be delivered on Tuesday, 2nd order that shipped the following day is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

I think we haven't seen any movement because individual packages might be shipped in one large container and get sorted out when they reach US. Lets hope we get them tomorrow.

John-F

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2011
This is what UPS website indicates for my 6+

Scheduled Delivery: Thursday, 09/25/2014, By End of Day
ZhengZhou, China 09/19/2014 7:10 P.M. Arrival Scan (most recent scan)

I just called UPS to find out if they had any additional info about either a backlog at that location or missed scans. They said they did not have updated info about the shipment progress, but their internal site indicated delivery would be Tuesday 9/23.

Dave Felix

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2011
Scranton, Pennsylvania
Right at the top ... Hover over Myatt -- then over billing and usage -- then click "make a payment". The new screen should have an option "view plan details", which brings up all your att next agreements.

I see it. I cancelled my AT&T order, so I'm just waiting for Apple to send me my device. :)

Anybody with a 10/14-10/21 delivery date?

----------

Also, do you have to sign for the iPhone delivery? I might just call my local UPS and pick it up in the office.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
Cool, I've found someone to vent with! Are you going for the Plus?

I hope so as well. Let me know if yours does and I'l do the same. October 14 shouldn't be that far away :( Are you going for the Plus?

Yep, ordered the 128GB Plus model in space gray Saturday morning. I was shocked at the estimated shipping date. Maybe as more and more pre-orders get fulfilled, out estimated date will move up ;)

My tracking looks the same. If it comes it comes. Mine is still in Shanghai as well. I think it takes longer to leave the initial country of origin before it ships overseas, probably because they have to make sure there shipping log or what not is correct. I have ordered stuff from China before and it usually has been that way in the past.

DocG1914

macrumors 6502
Sep 19, 2014
DC/MD
This is what UPS website indicates for my 6+

Scheduled Delivery: Thursday, 09/25/2014, By End of Day
ZhengZhou, China 09/19/2014 7:10 P.M. Arrival Scan (most recent scan)

I just called UPS to find out if they had any additional info about either a backlog at that location or missed scans. They said they did not have updated info about the shipment progress, but their internal site indicated delivery would be Tuesday 9/23.

Hope you right and they move the delivery date up. The 25th is good but I'm all about having it sooner than later

Either one of 2 things is going on here..

A)The phones are NOT scanning when they move to their next destinations in China. It's possible some scans are being missed, but I doubt this somewhat.

Or more likely:
B)The Delivery dates UPS are putting are incorrect; My phone scanned in Shanghai @ 12:45pm EST yest (which correlates to the 12:45am Shanghai for the 21st) and I find it hard to believe it will somehow miraculously be delivered tomorrow.

Probably the latter, although I am going to Keep hope alive!

AppleHater

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2010
There is a small UPS customer center near my place. I rarely see more than a couple customers at once. On Friday at 10am, there were rather a long line! I had to wait 30 minutes to pick up my phone.

Later that evening around 7:30 ish I noticed driving by the UPS a waiting line of cars trying to enter the parking lot not to mention a really long waiting line. Pretty crazy I thought.

Mackie99

macrumors regular
Jan 14, 2004
California
I see it. I cancelled my AT&T order, so I'm just waiting for Apple to send me my device. :)

Anybody with a 10/14-10/21 delivery date?

----------

Also, do you have to sign for the iPhone delivery? I might just call my local UPS and pick it up in the office.

I ordered at 7:30 am on 9/12 - T-mobile Silver 64 GB 6 Plus through apple.com. I have the following status:

Processing Items
Available to ship: 3 - 4 weeks
Delivers: Oct 13 - Oct 20 by Standard Shipping

1dave

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
I ordered a 6 just after 12am 9/12 via the Apple Store app. That finally arrived on Fri 9/19 - had to pickup at UPS because they needed MY signature. I thought they needed ANY signature. Lesson learned.

Anyway that was my son's phone. I ordered my 6 Plus 64gb SG shortly after I ordered the first phone but had to wait for an email to finish the purchase because Apple couldn't reach ATT. I finally completed the purchase & had a ship date of 10/1-10/6 with "processing" until a few minutes ago. Status just changed to "preparing to ship" but the dates stayed the same. Nothing showing yet on UPS, but my card finally was charged today.

I called my Apple Store last night & the girl on the phone said to call in the morning because they were getting a shipment in. They could do a customer hold if they had the model I wanted.

I showed up about 45 min before they opened & there were 100+ people already waiting just for iPhones. The Geniuses outside said they don't get shipments on Sunday & there were NO PLUSSES AVAILABLE for the near future. If we wanted a 6+, we would have to order online or keep trying back, but they did not anticipate any 6+ available soon.

So I am glad I didn't cancel my order through the app like I almost did. I tried my son's 6 to be sure I wouldnt prefer it over the 6+. It is plenty big as well, but I had some issue using it one handed. So if I would have some issue anyway with a 6, I think I'd rather go all the way and get the bigger screen and be done with it. I'm sure I'll get used to it. #

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.