Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
This weekend, got my picture taken with the following celebrities at Dragon*Con in Atlanta:

Kate Vernon ("Battlestar Galactica")
Tricia Helfer ("Battlestar Galactica")
Adam Baldwin ("Firefly", "Chuck", "The Last Ship", "Full Metal Jacket")
Karl Urban ("Star Trek", "Dredd", "The Lord of the Rings")
Erin Gray ("Buck Rogers in the 25th Century")
Patrick Stewart ("Dune", among other movies) ;)

SweetFlash

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2014
I first met the Emmy Award Winning Actress Leigh taylor Young back in 2003. She was the nicest celebs that I ever met. She was eating her lunch in a restaurant in West Hollywood. I think she just finished working out on her treadmill. Leigh wore an outfit just like this one.

01-oiselle.jpg

And me and my friend recognized her because we were a fan of her show Picket fences in the 1990's where she played the mayor of the town.

035_g.jpg

leigh_taylor_young_2003_05_30.jpg

depositphotos_17284191-Leigh-Taylor-Young.jpg

2s1tbiq.jpg

leigh_taylor_young_2004_07_27.jpg

We let her finished her lunch. And I approached her. I said that I am a huge fan of her acting , and I bought a time works fx 4 minute fitness machines after I saw her infomercials.

She smiled and we chatted for a couple of minutes. We said bye. And We also exchanged some mobile numbers. Leigh was a sweet heart unlike some other celebs.

2e2ezcl.jpg

ka1ix5.jpg

2s13a6c.jpg

She was very down to earth. And very attractive for someone who was in her mid to late 50's.

PS:

I'll try to find the photos in my old photo albums, and scan it. I hope I can upload our pictures. And I just recently watched her movie again last Friday. The movie is called Bliss 1997

Last edited:

avro707

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Only Travolta - he seems pretty easy going. But then we have a common interest in old jet airliners - particularly those that are white, red and silver. :)

I've met many politicians - but I don't consider them celebrities, so I won't list any of them.

Silencio

macrumors 68040
Jul 18, 2002
NYC
Sometime last summer, we were walking our little white dog in the East Village and some vaguely familiar looking woman stopped and attempted to say hi to him. He is very shy little and he kind of just stepped back and hid behind us, so we offered up our usual sheepish "Sorry, he's very shy!" apology.

It took us a few minutes to figure out that the woman our dog rebuffed was Alexa Chung. Sorry about that!

aaronvan

Suspended
Dec 21, 2011
República Cascadia
Gene Roddenberry gave me his autograph. I shook Neil Armstrong's hand and the hand of a man who shook Adolf Hitler's hand. Exchange the occasional GPG-encrypted email with Adam Curry.

That's about it.

kazmac

macrumors G4
Mar 24, 2010
Any place but here or there....

Do interviews count?

I had a small genre film/comic book zine in the 90s. Then best friend and I interviewed Mark Hamill in person (we did not ask him about Star Wars even though we wanted to.) He was really sweet and since we were fans of other projects he did, he gave an us an extra half an hour for the interview. He flipped over my blue meanie puppet (which I deliberately brought because he is a huge Beatles fan.) Mark greeted us warmly at the in store signing he did the next day.

I briefly met Clive Barker and Bruce Campbell & Sam Raimi at the first Fangoria con in NY in 1990. Bruce was stalking me all weekend (he liked my pleather lace up pants, because every so often I'd hear "NICE PANTS!" either yelled in my ear or across the convention hall. He was hilarious.) I interviewed Sam briefly, he was very kind and quiet. I love those guys and their work to this day.

Most of the other interviews I did over the phone (including Clive Barker several years later who was so amazing) and I don't count all the extreme metal bands I've known and spoken to. Slayer were very rude, save for Jeff Hanneman who was a sweet drunk, if such a thing exists.

If I could chose three "celebrities" to hang out with now: it would be Rick Baker, Hugh Keays-Byrne and Fabio Testi (The fabulous Heroin Buster in my avatar :D)

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 603
Jun 16, 2008
Wow.. in thinking about it, I've met more celebrities than I realize. Let's see..

Todd Eldredge while standing in line at customs at LAX.

George Takei, Marc Alaimo, Lucy Lawless, and Tiger Woods in Sydney.

Wil Wheaton in Sacramento.

Warren Buffet many times over.

I've been chased by Bill Clinton and Michael Jackson (you can call it that; I was in Melbourne, Clinton arrived in Sydney, MJ in Brisbane; I went to Brisbane, Clinton went to Melbourne, MJ to Sydney; I went back to Sydney, Clinton went to Brisbane, MJ to Melbourne. They both flew out, and I stayed).

There is more, but I'm having trouble remembering! :eek:

BL.

MikeVera

macrumors regular
May 5, 2014
Chris Brown (Dulles Airport)
Common (in Santa Monica)
LL Cool J (Paramount Studios Backlot)
Jimmy Fallon (at his studio after his show)
Chris O'donnel (Paramount Studios Backlot)
Jay Leno (at his studio after his show)
Alex Ovechkin (Mach V Motorsports)
Desean Jackson (at a Sweet Frog)
John Wall (at a Best Buy)
Dan Snyder (at a Redskin's game, had a field pass)
Wayne Newton (same plane, said hi when getting off in Vegas)
Jerome Bettis (at a Cafe in Vegas)
Ken Chenault (not really a celebrity per-say, but the CEO of American Express)

hmmmm If I think of anymore ill edit the post...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
There were many celebrities present when I got a sneak peek inside the new Broad Contemporary Art Museum in downtown Los Angeles this morning. The museum doesn't open until September and there's no artwork installed yet, but the building, which looks like a huge rectangular pillow with an intriguing depression (left side in the photo), is now structurally complete.

Inside the building I was introduced to one of the directors of the Broad Art Foundation and I talked to former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan. I got close-up photos of them as well as founder and philanthropist Eli Broad (worth about $6 billion!), his wife, and the building's architects Elizabeth Diller and Ricardo Scofidio.

There were probably other Los Angeles celebrities there who I failed to recognize. But I think the building was the real celebrity!

broad-museum.jpg
click to zoom​

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
There were many celebrities present when I got a sneak peek inside the new Broad Contemporary Art Museum in downtown Los Angeles this morning. The museum doesn't open until September and there's no artwork installed yet, but the building, which looks like a huge rectangular pillow with an intriguing depression (left side in the photo), is now structurally complete.

Inside the building I was introduced to one of the directors of the Broad Art Foundation and I talked to former Los Angeles mayor Richard Riordan. I got close-up photos of them as well as founder and philanthropist Eli Broad (worth about $6 billion!), his wife, and the building's architects Elizabeth Diller and Ricardo Scofidio.

There were probably other Los Angeles celebrities there who I failed to recognize. But I think the building was the real celebrity!

View attachment 529933
click to zoom​
Thats another 4 people I've never heard of! I think either I don't pay enough attention to celebrities or I've got a bad memory for names.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Last night I talked to Dana Carvey, before and after he did stand-up at a comedy club. One of his routines was a conversation between John Lennon (in heaven) and Paul McCartney, where Paul is describing how people walk around with little televisions taking selfies and looking at pictures of each other's meals, which of course makes no sense to John. Carvey was holding an iPhone while playing both parts.

Dana-Carvey.jpg

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Last night I talked to Dana Carvey, before and after he did stand-up at a comedy club. One of his routines was a conversation between John Lennon (in heaven) and Paul McCartney, where Paul is describing how people walk around with little televisions taking selfies and looking at pictures of each other's meals, which of course makes no sense to John. Carvey was holding an iPhone while playing both parts.

He is a very funny man!

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas

Sounds like a funny bit. :D

Tom Hanks did the whole selfie thing with a selfie stick on Letterman earlier this week.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thats another 4 people I've never heard of! I think either I don't pay enough attention to celebrities or I've got a bad memory for names.

Likewise. I have never heard of these people, either.

I think that a great many of the names mentioned here are pretty much completely unknown to most of us who hail from other parts of the world - i.e. those of us who were not brought up intimately knowing, or immersed in, US popular culture.

JamesMike

macrumors 603
Nov 3, 2014
Oregon
Having worked in the military, US State Dept. and the United Nations I have met many famous people, but the one that stands out was John Wayne. I met the first time while working on a commercial fishing boat as a young teen. All the boats including his yacht was in port because of a storm. He invited the fishermen on to his yacht and he was nice enough to play a game of chess with me. Later in in Viet Nam he visited my Special Forces camp, he was always a gentleman.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Did you talk to them or just photos? How are they?
I could have talked to them, since they were chatting with anyone who came up to them, but I couldn't think of anything non-stupid to say. So I talked to our former mayor instead.

Cancelled
Apr 19, 2014
I met Joe Klecko once. In addition to being one of the best NFL players of all time, he's an awesome guy. Shame he's not in the Hall of Fame yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.