Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sid-R

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 8, 2010
Apps you are waiting to be re-sized to iphone 6 and plus.

For Me -- Kindle

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Won't be getting an iPhone 6 for a while. Any thoughts on how long it will take for developers to update there apps?

AppleDApp

macrumors 68020
Jun 21, 2011
Despite being optimized for metal Asphalt 8 needs the re-size badly.

----------

Not AppleDApp :D
truth.jpg

markyr17

macrumors 65816
Apr 8, 2010
Why are the developers slacking so hard on this? This wasn't a huge shock.

It's not the developers. There is a 15 day backlog on apps right now that are being submitted for review by apple. This is just what I've heard from one developer.

APPLE-FANATIC

macrumors 6502a
Aug 4, 2012
Texas
It's not the developers. There is a 15 day backlog on apps right now that are being submitted for review by apple. This is just what I've heard from one developer.

I can believe that. The same thing happened when Apple moved to the 4" screen display. It took some applications forever to get released and optimized for the 4" display on the iPhone 5

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Why are the developers slacking so hard on this? This wasn't a huge shock.

Aside from the backlog causing delays in updates being released we didn't know the actual resolutions of the new phones until they were publicly announced. Only a select few of the big developers had any idea of what the final devices were going to be like.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
I'm thinking we're going to see a wave of updates next week now that developers have had a chance to test the new devices. I'm ready for tweetbot to get on board!

wilky76

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2013
Wigan
You know i posted a few weeks & months back about things like having only 1GB of ram on both the 6 & 6 Plus and how the apps won't be optimized for the larger screen for a while and a few slated me for this, turns out i was right all along. ;)

Being an early adopter can lead to frustration waiting for things to catch up in this case apps being optimized for the larger screen.

As I've said before waiting abit always pays rather than rushing out buying something just for the sake of being one of the first.

bryancee

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2012
Instagram, Twitter and FB are the main ones.

Cant believe still not updated though. Driving me nuts.

hevaKmaI

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
Reeder
Tapatalk
Facebook
...among others

As far as apps that have been updated...Pcalc is impressive as is Alien Blue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.