Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hede

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 25, 2011
Denmark
I need new switches to go with my Airport Extreme 5th gen.
I am use to unmanaged switches from Netgear but are those the best for my Airport?
I need a 5 and a 8 port switch. Thanks.

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I am use to unmanaged switches from Netgear but are those the best for my Airport?

Those are fine. Nothing special about the ethernet ports on an Airport Extreme. Whatever brand you like will be okay.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland

There is nothing wrong with what you are using. I use TRENDnet GreenNet switches at school and they are great. We have he ones in the metal cases and they are elegant, cool, and stable.

drsox

macrumors 68000
Apr 29, 2011
Xhystos

Switches are the only range (IMO) that Netgear make that are any good. I have 8 or so of the managed smart GS108t - some V1 but mostly V2. Probably more than you need but I have also had the unmanaged versions (5 and 8 port). Also worked well. Make sure you get Gigabit versions.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.