Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jasonbro

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
nobody made Pioneer say it "would be" released "early summer".

Thats the main reason i bought my unit. Because of assurance Pioneer made. So yeah, i blame Pioneer for that.

That they're making up new press releases and being dishonest about it makes me more mad.

jasonbro

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
I should send Pioneer a 93a demand letter.

Unfair and deceptive business practice. Triple damages.

Selling someone one thing, not providing it, then lying about it. Seems pretty cut and dry.

F pioneer.

It's tough to blame Apple when Pioneer made the press release promise, Pioneer sold me the unit and took my money, Pioneer still has my money and i have a unit that still after many months, categorically fails do what Pioneer actively marketed it as being able to do.

jasonbro

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
I hope you guys know you could be waiting until next year and be stuck with an outdated head unit by the time carplay does get released.

Every state has laws against unfair and deceptive business practices. In MA it's called 93a. If a company uses "unfair or deceptive" business practices they're liable to the tune of 3 times your damages.

Even hellen keller could see this is unfair and deceptive. Pioneer really stepped in it here.

I'm going to get my money back from pioneer. F this.

I ONLY bought this damn thing for carplay. I don't have a "bumping system" i just wanted carplay and the functionality that comes with it.

SCMedic

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
I hope you guys know you could be waiting until next year and be stuck with an outdated head unit by the time carplay does get released.

Every state has laws against unfair and deceptive business practices. In MA it's called 93a. If a company uses "unfair or deceptive" business practices they're liable to the tune of 3 times your damages.

Even hellen keller could see this is unfair and deceptive. Pioneer really stepped in it here.

I'm going to get my money back from pioneer. F this.

I ONLY bought this damn thing for carplay. I don't have a "bumping system" i just wanted carplay and the functionality that comes with it.

FWIW, Ferrari finally released it last week. Supposedly the latest rumor is alongside the iPhone 6. It's out in the wild. Pioneer has a few days left before "summer" is over.

SCMedic

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2008
Pretty pathetic, Pioneer.

Agreed. I bought a NEX8000 in April (sweet discount) and have been waiting ever since. The good thing is, it's an awesome head unit even without CarPlay. They do , however, need to follow through.

rjc74

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2011
Portland, OR
False advertising

Time for a complaint with my AG's office. You all should do one online if you bought an NEX because CarPlay was promised this Summer. Summer is officially over. Deceptive & misleading advertising.:mad:

jasonbro

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
FWIW

http://www.lawlib.state.ma.us/source/mass/cmr/cmrtext/940cmr3.pdf#page=7

3.02: False Advertising

(2) No statement or illustration shall be used in any advertisement which creates a false impression of the grade, quality, make, value, currency of model, size, color, usability, or origin of the product offered, or which may otherwise misrepresent the product in such a manner that later, on disclosure of the true facts, there is a likelihood that the buyer may be switched from the advertised product to another.
Even though the true facts are subsequently made known to the buyer, the law is violated if the first contact or interview is secured by deception.

3.05: General Misrepresentations
(1) No claim or representation shall be made by any means concerning a product which directly, or by implication, or by failure to adequately disclose additional relevant information, has the capacity or tendency or effect of deceiving buyers or prospective buyers in any material respect. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, representations or claims relating to the construction, durability, reliability, manner or time of performance, safety, strength, condition, or life expectancy of such product, or financing relating to such product, or the utility of such product or any part thereof, or the ease with which such product may be operated, repaired, or maintained or the benefit to be derived from the use thereof.

then:

http://www.mass.gov/ago/consumer-resources/consumer-assistance/93a-demand-letter.html

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
I contacted Pioneer, and the response was:

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize, however we have not received an
update on when it will be released. If you register your unit you should
receive an email notification once the update is available.

So there you go...

jasonbro

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2011
I contacted Pioneer, and the response was:

Thank you for contacting us. I apologize, however we have not received an
update on when it will be released. If you register your unit you should
receive an email notification once the update is available.

So there you go...

Better than my reply: "There is not an exact ETA. It was announced as Summertime and has not changed."

uhhh..... you mean "early summer" and changes as it suits us??????

YEaaaaaaaahhh..... thanks pioneer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.