Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

videoadvert.tv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Bristol
The video functions of the camera on this thing is really pretty incredable. And combined with iMovie really make it a unique package.

i put this together in iMovie in an hour or so (entirely on my Plus) - as my oldest learnt ride to ride his bike... and was pretty blown away by what the phone can do.

matrix07

macrumors G3
Jun 24, 2010
An hour? Are you a professional editor or what? :)

Great video. You know where to place a shot that's for sure. Did you color it on iMovie?

Zxxv

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2011
UK
good video editing, good framing, good pace etc but the colour is crap. Did you set white balance? (is there control for it?)

videoadvert.tv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Bristol
Thank you muchly :) Yep all cut and coloured on iMovie.

i am an editor, so yeah thats a bit of a time cheat... but i wanted to see what the phone was capable of without going out to anything else more professional.

And it worked amazingly. iMovie is super quick at tasks some professional systems would struggle to handle at at the same speed.

very impressed with it as a mobile production studio!

mikelegacy

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
What a great video for an hour. Looks like you have an awesome family man. Little kids are so rowdy, I remember jumping around getting cut on the ground and stuff and getting up and doing the same thing over again.

Wish we are all that fearless still, haha!

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
The video functions of the camera on this thing is really pretty incredable. And combined with iMovie really make it a unique package.

i put this together in iMovie in an hour or so (entirely on my Plus) - as my oldest learnt ride to ride his bike... and was pretty blown away by what the phone can do.

YouTube: video

Wow, to edit that in an hour seems amazing! Great job.

videoadvert.tv

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2012
Bristol
thanks guys. i think all my family movies are going to be captured at 240fs from now on. its a beautiful way to capture a moment - somewhere between a photograph and video...

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.