Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tech198

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 21, 2011
When it comes to tagging and organizing your music collection (.....often, huge collection), which sites do you source as find accurate track info if Itunes doesn't list the song/album ?

I've tried Dsicogs, but have had issues, with artists are not spelled always spelled correctly. For example :

Sonar Methods Echoing Waves (Robert Nickson Remix)

Tuneup Media software flags this as a "Match" but in the list it says "Nichson" not "Nickson"

I know its not perfect, but i would have though the company who add the artists to Grace-notes knows what they are doing.

So, in this case. which is right ? Discogs, or Tune up? Or must i go through other sources to see different spellings ?

Anyone had this issue?

mannix87

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2005
in the southeast
I've tried a few over the years & not one has been perfect. There will always be a couple tracks that would be off. I always end up doing a manual edit of some sort

c-Row

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Germany
I usually trust in Discogs. Some folks over there are overly anal but most of the artists and releases listed there are detailed and proof-read.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.