Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
It looks identical to multitasking gestures, just wondering if it's better in any way or more like Zephyr.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
I tried the trial and ended up purchasing Tage and replacing MultitaskingGestures

My reasons were as follows

1. It works in landscape mode to exit apps

2. You can invoke the app switcher like zephyr did (you don't have to close the app first before you can invoke the app switcher)

Besides that, I don't use the other fancy features (never did in zephyr either)

I say give the 3 day trial a try and form your opinions based on that

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
I tried the trial and ended up purchasing Tage and replacing MultitaskingGestures

My reasons were as follows

1. It works in landscape mode to exit apps

2. You can invoke the app switcher like zephyr did (you don't have to close the app first before you can invoke the app switcher)

Besides that, I don't use the other fancy features (never did in zephyr either)

I say give the 3 day trial a try and form your opinions based on that

Yeah, I'm drawn to the ability to close all apps and respring

----------

No, thank you

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, I'm drawn to the ability to close all apps and respring

doesn't hurt to give it a try (not to mention it's free) and it's best to have a hands on experience than to rely on another person's experience

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
doesn't hurt to give it a try (not to mention it's free) and it's best to have a hands on experience than to rely on another person's experience

I guess it's just a hassle to uninstall multitasking gestures, install Tage, uninstall Tage, reinstall multitasking gestures.

My only question is - is the swipe up to close exactly the same as Multitasking Gestures in terms of speed, responsiveness etc?

Grolubao

macrumors 68000
Dec 23, 2008
London, UK
I prefer Multitasking Gesture even though the control center moved to the notification center doesn't work. Tage gets confused when I swipe up, sometimes it goes back to the home screen, sometimes to the multitasking, so I wasn't impressed

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
Man I love this tweak. Did the trial and bought it within 2 minutes.

I have keyboard disable off and edge app multitasking off

Left and center to kill app, right to open app switcher.

Works well on pad and phone. Cc is between center and right. Perfect !

I still prefer swipe right status bar assigned to lock button on activator over the implementation in tage

MILES BETTER THAN MULTITASKING GESTURES AND WORKS WITH IOS8

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
Man I love this tweak. Did the trial and bought it within 2 minutes.

I have keyboard disable off and edge app multitasking off

Left and center to kill app, right to open app switcher.

Works well on pad and phone. Cc is between center and right. Perfect !

I still prefer swipe right status bar assigned to lock button on activator over the implementation in tage

MILES BETTER THAN MULTITASKING GESTURES AND WORKS WITH IOS8

It's a lot faster than Multitasking Gestures, I'm glad this dev is very active in updating

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
It's as fast as zephyr comparing it to closing apps on 3GS with animations sped up also. One of my key criticisms of multitasking gestures was the slide up animation left room for improvement since zephyr support was abandoned

TH55

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
It's as fast as zephyr comparing it to closing apps on 3GS with animations sped up also. One of my key criticisms of multitasking gestures was the slide up animation left room for improvement since zephyr support was abandoned

Yeah exactly

that be me

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2013
It's not that new. It's been arou...
*Checks OP's post date
Never mind.

It's an excellent tweak for those that miss Zephyr. Works similarly and just as fluid. Best of all works for iOS 8.

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
Is anyone still using it after auxo? If yes, hows the experience?

I have bought auxo3 but have heard its a battery hogger and thus want to give tage a try.

Hows it on battery?

miragebg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2009
Has anyone used "Tage" the new Multitasking Gestures tweak?

I use them both. Battery life is great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.