Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kendo

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Is it me or does the back of the Space Gray iPhone 6 look silver? I can't compare to a white iPhone 6 so I'm not sure if the back of that model is even lighter? The black model seems very light though. Is it possible that someone in Foxconn mixed up the front and back or is this normal?

TJEPP

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2014
Is it me or does the back of the Space Gray iPhone 6 look silver? I can't compare to a white iPhone 6 so I'm not sure if the back of that model is even lighter? The black model seems very light though. Is it possible that someone in Foxconn mixed up the front and back or is this normal?

lets see a pic

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003

If the lines are white, it's silver.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
When I first saw the Space Gray it looked light to me too. However, now that I have the Silver it is much lighter than the Space Gray. I think the increased surface area of Space Gray on the 6/6+ makes it more noticeable than it was on the 5/5s.

deddinty

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
I have the Space Gray and the Silver. The silver is noticeably lighter and brighter silver, but the space gray is more of a steel silver color than in previous years. As long as you have the gray and not white plastic bars, you're fine. It is lighter than in the past, very much like the first iPhone in color.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.