Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pssmith84

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
I didn't think they unloaded anything at Incheon, but it's highly unlikely that you missed a scan because they scan the entire plane, refuel, change crews, and go. No idea how individual phones in the shipment could be missed, but maybe there was a problem with the plane and they had to swap out planes and the second plane is smaller so some containers couldn't fit and are gonna hit the next flight out? All I can think of, but just speculation, sorry. :/

Well that would suck as I can't even find another flight out of Incheon. My delivery date hasn't changed at all though so maybe there is still hope. Thanks for the insight!

Jhawkfootball06

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2012
Everybody expected to be on UPS49 that didn't get a departure scan, check again. I somehow just got a second one ??

fN3Ixl0.jpg

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Me!

Incheon, Korea, Republic of 09/23/2014 8:00 P.M. Arrival Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/23/2014 5:00 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/22/2014 5:20 P.M. Departure Scan
ZhengZhou, China 09/20/2014 7:58 P.M. Arrival Scan
09/20/2014 7:00 P.M. Departure Scan
09/20/2014 6:27 P.M. Location Scan
09/20/2014 3:08 P.M. Origin Scan
China 09/20/2014 5:42 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

Same here!

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Louisville, KY, United States 09/23/2014 1:56 A.M. Arrival Scan

So... UPS didn't think it was enough to leave my phone in China for 3+ days.. now it's going to hold it hostage in Kentucky?!? WHY in the HECK didn't it make a CA flight while I slept.

So. Flipping. Pissed.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

well my phone is in california.... but being held hostage in ontario :mad:

hubby's went to KY but made it to ontario this morning and is now out for delivery....

WTF, UPS? you REALLY, REALLY SUCK!

-Knight-

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Miami, FL
It's sad that people are so self centered and full of themselves...Do I want my iPhone 6+ today? Yes!! But come on, its not UPS's or Apple's fault...Delays occasionally happen. Would you rather trust the Post Office to handle all these iPhone deliveries? I'm guessing not...I have really enjoyed learning about the process the packages go through! Thank you techedude and flyingwasabi for sharing the insight!

You should see these videos if you haven't already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWAwL3Rlbjo

:)

cdesigns

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2008
Finally got my import scan, from tuesday delivery it changed to wednesday delivery :(. One more day wont kill me but I need my phoneeeee lol.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Yeah...At the end of the day it's just a phone...

I just put my 5s on Swappa....So I'm ok with it being here tomorrow...

Both phones, huh?

ASH-2500-LIGHT_BIG.jpg

versus

iPhone-6-iPhone-6-Plus.png

Using a 5s, it's not the biggest wait in the world. For those of us on older devices, such as myself on an iPhone 4, it's seriously a nightmare, getting worse by the day.

cire1244

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2008
#Team520 here. Still no departure scan for us from Incheon :( Where should it be heading next? Anyone got a flight for this?

Looks like we didn't make UPS49 but hopefully we'll be on UPS99 that is now scheduled to leave at 12:20 PST (in about 3 and a half hours).

flyingwasabi

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2014
how long does an import scan take from the time it arrives?

Depends on the US Census Bureau. The last 2 years they were getting import scans while still in the air after departing Incheon. They're extra slow this year for some reason. Maybe the Obamacare website people helped update the Census Bureau website. :D

dtrb

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
This thread is awesome. Thanks to the UPS fellas for all of their information.

I see others here with the same woes, stuck in Korea. :(

Any of you UPS dudes have any insight as to why I see others shipping after me and getting theirs before me? My delivery date is 9/25

Attachments

• iphone6.png
    iphone6.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 76

PhillyGuy72

macrumors 68040
Sep 13, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
Be optimistic. I have the exact same times as you, but it looks like you don't have the departure scan. I also have an expected arrival time for tomorrow, 9/24. Maybe yours just didn't get scanned.

I remain optimistic. And if comes Thursday, that's no big deal. Just happy it's coming, I do have to pick up some kind of case today though..the one I ordered from Amazon shipped Friday but arriving Oct 8! Eh.

There was someone in this group maybe 100, 150 pages back last week (which feels like a month now..lol). He stated he got his last pre-ordered iPhone at 11PM via UPS. Is that possible? I've seen trucks out as late as 8:30, 9pm sometimes..but thats usually during the holidays. Then again if his phone came in mid-Oct, thats actually when UPS starts to really starts to pick up with Holiday orders already..damn, thats a depressing thought, I am really not the happy Christmas jolly type heheh.

pssmith84

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2011
So there is now UPS99 leaving Incheon in about 4 hours. Still a chance to get our phones tomorrow if they are on that one and not on UPS49???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.