Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
The issue is still there. My parents are messaging me explaining that the Kitchen WiFi continuously drops throughout the day and that the internet is sometimes slow.

Remember, the Kitchen WiFi is repeating the signal, but is only about 20' down a straight hallway from the Airport Extreme. I'm so surprised at how weak this device is.

A soft restart usually fixes the problem. My question is, why a restart in the first place? All the settings are 100% perfect.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
The issue is still there. My parents are messaging me explaining that the Kitchen WiFi continuously drops throughout the day and that the internet is sometimes slow.

Remember, the Kitchen WiFi is repeating the signal, but is only about 20' down a straight hallway from the Airport Extreme. I'm so surprised at how weak this device is.

A soft restart usually fixes the problem. My question is, why a restart in the first place? All the settings are 100% perfect.

So which base station is the problem limited to? If only one is dropping we can troubleshoot it but if they all drop then we have a bigger problem to work on before we can isolate the issue.

marker227

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
I wasn't able to get home to downgrade the FM yet. My father has already purchased a new express since this one was very old.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.