Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeepstylexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
Need to vent...

Really get pissed off seeing all these posts and threads on "returning my iPhone 6+" "Too big, returning it" etc.

I've been trying to get my hands on a 6+ and NONE exist in upstate NY, while every version of the 6 can be easily acquired in 10 mins. If all these damn people weren't buying it and returning it, maybe the ones who REALLY want it, could find one???

SundayDuffer

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2011
Preorder does that..its all good bro. Glad that we all have choices. Be thankful for that. Peace!!!

Nate.

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2012
Chicago, IL
Need to vent...

Really get pissed off seeing all these posts and threads on "returning my iPhone 6+" "Too big, returning it" etc.

I've been trying to get my hands on a 6+ and NONE exist in upstate NY, while every version of the 6 can be easily acquired in 10 mins. If all these damn people weren't buying it and returning it, maybe the ones who REALLY want it, could find one???

It's frustrating, luckily for me I finally got my hands on one, going to pick it up tomorrow. The thing to keep in mind is that MacRumors doesn't make up everyone on the hunt for one of these things, or even the majority, the majority of people buying iPhones probably don't look at or post on any website about it whatsoever.

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
I don't get it. If they were NOT returning phones, it still wouldn't help you any. So some folks realize that a product wouldn't serve them as well as they thought and they are opting for something else. How is that so outrageous??

jeepstylexx

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 20, 2011
It's frustrating, luckily for me I finally got my hands on one, going to pick it up tomorrow. The thing to keep in mind is that MacRumors doesn't make up everyone on the hunt for one of these things, or even the majority, the majority of people buying iPhones probably don't look at or post on any website about it whatsoever.

Yeah I know. Still sucks... lol

----------

I don't get it. If they were NOT returning phones, it still wouldn't help you any. So some folks realize that a product wouldn't serve them as well as they thought and they are opting for something else. How is that so outrageous??

No, they didn't need to buy it to begin with. They should have waited, tested it in store and see if it was too big. How is that so outrageous?

indychris

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
Yeah I know. Still sucks... lol

----------

No, they didn't need to buy it to begin with. They should have waited, tested it in store and see if it was too big. How is that so outrageous?

Your own impatience is the only thing making it 'outrageous' and 'unbearable'.
mathews_peace.gif

It's a phone. You're not a victim.

techiebug

macrumors 6502a
Oct 20, 2013
it was your mistake not to pre order it. Look.. We had to stay up until 3am in the morning to buy it. What did you do back then? Were you having a nice sleep?

FuzzMunky

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah geez. What makes you so entitled? You forgot to preorder. Why should anyone hold the door open for you? People are entitled to change their mind. Perhaps you should be listening to them as Im sure many were sure they'd be happy with a Plus before they had one.

ET iPhone Home

macrumors 68040
Oct 5, 2011
Orange County, California USA

Wouldn't it be funny if you returned your 6+ for obvious reasons. Just sayin'.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Need to vent...

I've been trying to get my hands on a 6+ and NONE exist in upstate NY

If you give me a zip code, carrier version, color, and storage size I might be able to find one for you.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
People have choices. These will just end up being repair replacement devices and Apple needs to make them from the get-go.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Need to vent...

Just remember that YOU might also return yours when you finally get it.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2011
lol at "too big"

there wasn't any notes around for the past 4 years to look at?

iMacJunkie

macrumors regular
Aug 7, 2011
Just remember that YOU might also return yours when you finally get it.

Not me. I have had a chance to get used to a Galaxy Note. I tried the plus in store already and I thoroughly loooooove love LOVE its form factor. So awesome. I will definitely be keeping my 6 plus when it arrives.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Need to vent...

That is a ridiculous claim.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Need to vent...

Given the folks who actually got a 6 Plus had to stay awake/wake up early and go through Apple's hellish pre-order process or camp out at an Apple Store, it's fine by me. If they change their minds later and find the 6 Plus is not to their liking, then that's their prerogative. It doesn't change the fact that they expended effort in order to get the 6 Plus in the first place.

i hate phones

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Philly Suburbs, PA
IMO apple should have put out demo units in stores prior to pre order and launch day so people could go into those knowing what they wanted and not make a decision on the spot. I was really torn between the two, did the cardboard cut outs and everything and pre ordered a 6 plus because I knew it was going to be more difficult to switch from a 6 to a plus than a plus to a 6 if need be. Also knew if I waited to play with them in the store i'd be SOL and in the same position you are in now:p

finnftw

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2012

Entitled much? You missed the pre-order, you missed the day-after-launch restocking. I didn't pre-order but I walked into Apple store here in upstate NY this past Saturday and picked up 6+ (64gb, SG, ATT). So, it was readily available but you missed it. They had plenty in stock. I know why you can't find one... you are not even trying to look.

Oh, and my 6+ went right back to the store the next day. God it was awful to use. Exchanged it for 6.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.