Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anonymous4a

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 6, 2012
Hi, what is a single plan from Verizon ? I have two devices, Ipad and iphone and I want them to share the same data plan. Would this mean that it couldn't be a single plan ? What are the prices for a single plan ?

DrakeMcEachern

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2012
Hi, what is a single plan from Verizon ? I have two devices, Ipad and iphone and I want them to share the same data plan. Would this mean that it couldn't be a single plan ? What are the prices for a single plan ?

You could do Verizon's single line plan and get unlimited text and talk with 2GB data for $60. You would have to tether your iPad to the phone to get this plan though

Delmar

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2012
Texas
As far as I know the single line plan is for a single device. When you have more than one device you move to the share plans.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
You could do Verizon's single line plan and get unlimited text and talk with 2GB data for $60. You would have to tether your iPad to the phone to get this plan though

Unfortunately, the single line plan does not allow tethering whatsoever.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
Just get the single line plan for $60 as mentioned above and use your phone as a Hotspot which is free. Verizon will also allow you to increase or decrease your data at anytime. I've added a gig or two of extra when needed for a month and removed it the next.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
As far as I know the single line plan is for a single device. When you have more than one device you move to the share plans.

I've been given conflicting answers to this, but one VZW rep was VERY adamant that 2 single line plans may go on one account/bill.

Just get the single line plan for $60 as mentioned above and use your phone as a Hotspot which is free. Verizon will also allow you to increase or decrease your data at anytime. I've added a gig or two of extra when needed for a month and removed it the next.

You're 100% sure that you can tether? I've been told repeatedly that this was disabled for this plan.

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009

The current single line plan does not offer hotspot capability. I wish it did, I'd switch in an instant.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC

i don't think tethering is included in the single line plans.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.