Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

seanlim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Hey all. First post on this site. Just wondering how to turn off the clock movement on the home screen. It now shows the correct time and the second hand moves constantly when it didn't on my other iPhones. My battery life is sucking right now and I'm trying everything. Does anyone know if this could be a drain on the battery? Thanks.

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
... the second hand moves constantly when it didn't on my other iPhones. My battery life is sucking right now and I'm trying everything. Does anyone know if this could be a drain on the battery?

Turning off the second hand would not affect your battery like in any noticeable way.

seanlim

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Okay. Thank you. Are you noticing your battery draining quickly? I've done pretty much everything I can, stopped background app refresh, emails are set to manual, etc.

HEK

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2013
US Eastern time zone
Okay. Thank you. Are you noticing your battery draining quickly? I've done pretty much everything I can, stopped background app refresh, emails are set to manual, etc.

Turn off Facebook when not using. I've read it really sucks battery down, constantly uses radio.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
there are TONS of articles, threads and writeups regading battery life and what to do to correct/help it. the second hand on ios 7 always moved before, its nothing new now nor, as stated, would have any effect on battery life.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.