Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johanpoan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2014
Hi!

A while back in July, I went on a trip with some of my friends. We took our bicycles to a waterpark to have some fun in the summer. I was carrying my iphone in a plastic bag with my towel and and shorts. After when we called it a day. I wrapped my iPhone in the 90% dry towel which has been laying in the sun after I had bathed to prevent damage incase i fall off the bike or the bag smashing in the ground, my swimwear was completely dry. After the 30 minute bike trip back to the hotel, I check to see my phone. After 30 minutes it looks like the attached picture.

Of course I thought it was just some kind of dirt, to i took my thumb and rubbed it gently, then a little harder. It didn't go away. I took an ultra tiny tiny salavia to rub it away. Nothing worked. I was wondering how the hell this could have happened during only 30 minutes. I remember when I put my phone down the bag that the back was super clean.

My final conclusion which should make sense is the chloride from the pool. Those waterparks uses tons of it. When I wrapped the phone it already started to take effect, and I could have sworn the towel was completely dry, or 90% dry.

Finally my question is, is there something I can do to remove this..? Or make the coloration evenly?

I did send it to apple (still less than a year I bought it), but they declined it after they looked at it, saying that it's cosmetic damage, 130 dollars to replace (don't know if it's worth it?).

PS: Every imperfection you can see on the picture, is there. It's not dirt, it's discoloration of various types. One discoloration looks like a kid smudged their fingers on it.

Beware for pools!:confused:

Suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_2101.jpeg
    IMG_2101.jpeg
    487.1 KB · Views: 37
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.