Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

riguitargod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Hey guys,

Forgive me, but it's been years since I've really burned a DVD that wasn't just a copy of an image or a collection of files.

I'm creating a slideshow in iMovie that I want to burn onto a DVD that's playable in a DVD player, but I also want to include the photos on disc for use in the computer. In the six years I've been on Mac, I haven't spent much time with burning software, so I have no idea what to use.

Thanks for any help!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Hey guys,

Forgive me, but it's been years since I've really burned a DVD that wasn't just a copy of an image or a collection of files.

I'm creating a slideshow in iMovie that I want to burn onto a DVD that's playable in a DVD player, but I also want to include the photos on disc for use in the computer. In the six years I've been on Mac, I haven't spent much time with burning software, so I have no idea what to use.

Thanks for any help!

If you don't still have iDVD, the free app Burn can make your DVD.

But no... you can't do both on the same DVD. When that slideshow gets burned to the DVD it is essentially making that into a movie DVD like you would buy at the store commercially. No other data can go on there. You will need to make a separate "data" DVD for the photos.

riguitargod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
If you don't still have iDVD, the free app Burn can make your DVD.

But no... you can't do both on the same DVD. When that slideshow gets burned to the DVD it is essentially making that into a movie DVD like you would buy at the store commercially. No other data can go on there. You will need to make a separate "data" DVD for the photos.

That's not true. There's plenty of dvds out there that have data on them when you place them in the computer, and I know I've burned discs like that in the past.

----------

It sounds like if I render my video to a video_ts folder on the computer, I can just burn that on the disc with any other data.

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
That's why I asked if you had iDVD, as you can do what you want with that.

You can do nearly the same with Roxio Toast. However, it makes the slideshow and you have no control over it, but it does include the photos in a separate folder.

riguitargod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
That's why I asked if you had iDVD, as you can do what you want with that.

You can do nearly the same with Roxio Toast. However, it makes the slideshow and you have no control over it, but it does include the photos in a separate folder.

Roger, roger. Sorry, my previous comment wasn't directed at you.

I do have iDVD, and I'm trying to figure out where to add the pictures. I created the slideshow in iMovie and exported the video file. Imported the video into iDVD, and now I'm not sure how to import the pictures without iDVD trying to create a slideshow of its own.

riguitargod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 4, 2009
Nevermind, found the edit DVD-ROM contents button under the advanced menu...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.