Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
All I'm hearing is screens shattering and phones bending.

How bout some 6+ owners with stories of it NOT breaking or bending?

kds786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Tennessee
I carry mine in my purse so no bending but mine did fly off the side table with a bit of force after I accidentally hit it and it slid across my tile floor on the screen. No damage. It is in a thin Casemate glam case however.

shaunmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 26, 2010
I carry mine in my purse so no bending but mine did fly off the side table with a bit of force after I accidentally hit it and it slid across my tile floor on the screen. No damage. It is in a thin Casemate glam case however.

good to hear!

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
I'd love to help you out but UPS decided to keep my iPhone in transit for 6 flippin days :mad:

iPhone7ate9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2014

Skinny jeans look terrible on EVERYone. Especially guys with fat thighs. They deserve bent phones

tommysm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2013
This whole bent thing has been blown out of proportion, someone had to find something about the 6+ because it's so much better than the other big screen phones offered today, but that's my opinion.

vgamedude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 10, 2013
This whole bent thing has been blown out of proportion, someone had to find something about the 6+ because it's so much better than the other big screen phones offered today, but that's my opinion.

hahahah oh my god

Charadis

macrumors 65816
Jul 3, 2010
My brother dropped his new 6 plus on laminate floor while he was playing his PS4 (Destiny, if you must know). He was sitting on his chair with phone resting on a pillow on his lap. Happy to report the floor sustained no noticeable damage.

No injuries on the phone, either. Sent from my iPad.

TrueBlou

macrumors 601
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Well this is day 5 of me having my 6+ and it's in an Apple leather case. When it's not on its desk stand it's in my front jeans pocket screen facing inward, no skinny jeans ever lol.
Being a bit of a cripple I've dropped it three or four times onto carpet and laminate, nothing to do with the phone my 5s suffered the same.
So far no bends, cracks, scratches or anything else it looks as good as the day it came out of its box.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
No skinny jeans here.

Carry my iPhone 6 plus in my front pocket constantly. Zero bend.

CaptMarvel

macrumors 68000
Sep 20, 2014
North Carolina
Thoroughly satisfied with my 6 Plus for said reasons:
-battery life
-beautiful display/clarity
-camera/slow mo recording
-TouchID

once apps are optimized this thing is really going to shine!

My brother dropped his new 6 plus on laminate floor while he was playing his PS4 (Destiny, if you must know). He was sitting on his chair with phone resting on a pillow on his lap. Happy to report the floor sustained no noticeable damage.

No injuries on the phone, either. Sent from my iPad.

How is that game for PS4 by the way? I'm on the fence about purchasing it...

bshef

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2009
Registered nurse (male, if that makes a difference?) here, 6+ owner. Stays in front right scrub pocket all day unless I need to use it. I do A LOT of moving, bending, squatting, you name it... No issues at all. Can't wait until all the medical apps are optimized for this screen!

terps2005

macrumors regular
Jun 16, 2009
Mine fell out of my shorts pocket and landed on the foot of my aluminum patio chair....not a mark on it. I keep it in my left front pocket and wear it to run and in the gym 4-5 days a week. It's only been 6 days but so far no issues.

Azzin

macrumors 603
Jun 23, 2010
London, England.

There seems to be a recent obsession with Apple products, by Apple owners, to try and find a "gate" issue.

It's like a race to find a design fault.

I think it's driven by some kind of "Look at Me" type condition, where these people want to be credited with finding some kind of worldwide issue with a product designed by one of the biggest tech companies on the planet, with arguably the hottest design team on the planet.

Probably failed something or others.

I can't think of the profession that they failed at, but now they seem hell "bent" (see what I did there) in trying to "expose" design "faults" with their latest Apple product.

TroyBoy30

macrumors 68030
Jun 9, 2009
Atlanta GA
no bending or breaking here. of course im not at the bottom of the gene pool and im smart enough not to sit with it in my pocket

shootinbil

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
I carry my iPhone six in my back pocket all the time. I carry my iPhone 4 and iPhone five the same way.

steemax

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2009
SoCal
6+ User here... I carry my phone in my front pocket and have had it since launch day, no issues here, straight as an arrow.

As long as you're not wearing super skinny jeans I don't think you'll have a problem.

Dandrews524

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2009
New York
i had my iphone 6 plus in my pocket for an entire afternoon of chasing my 3 year old around a huge wooden playground. I hit up the slides and everything. My phone is still mint and i couldnt love it anymore

irnchriz

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Scotland
6 Plus user, got that bad boy in an Apple leather case. No bumps scrapes or bends. Keep in my fron pocket of my jeans on in my jumper. On iOS 8.0.1 OTA have a cellular signal and touch-ID. We must be the blessed few. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.