Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Grayburn

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2010
England
I'm using my phone the same way in the same places and with the same apps and settings, but suddenly since 7.1.1 I'm getting masses of phantom usage and a battery that's flat by mid afternoon no matter what I do.

Exact same situation here.

sunking101

macrumors 604
Original poster
Sep 19, 2013
What usually gives rise to threads like these is where - as in my case certainly - you find battery life dropping suddenly without any change to your own situation. I'm using my phone the same way in the same places and with the same apps and settings, but suddenly since 7.1.1 I'm getting masses of phantom usage and a battery that's flat by mid afternoon no matter what I do.

Exactly. People say stuff like we must be in a bad signal area, or we're playing with our phones more etc. We all know our usual usage patterns, and the battery life we used to get prior to an update. Roll on the iPhone 6 and the end of battery woes & low memory issues...

JSanchez

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2014
You might need to download a background app that stop unnecessary apps that are running. I know with updates there are background apps that are sending out data which could be causing massive battery life drain.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You might need to download a background app that stop unnecessary apps that are running. I know with updates there are background apps that are sending out data which could be causing massive battery life drain.
Background app to stop other apps that are running? :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.