Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
I am a little late to the new improved Carbon Copy Cloner. I just installed the beta for Yosemite and it is very nice. Much more robust than what I used years ago. It is a lot faster than Time Machine. I am liking it. :)

If you would like to use CCC beta for Yosemite, you can sign up for free on their site. Once you verify your email address, you can be up and running with the new beta in a matter of moments.

Last edited:

flynz4

macrumors 68040
Aug 9, 2009
Portland, OR
I am a little late to the new improved Clear Carbon Cloner. I just installed the beta for Yosemite and it is very nice. Much more robust than what I used years ago. It is a lot faster than Time Machine. I am liking it. :)

If you would like to use CCC beta for Yosemite, you can sign up for free on their site. Once you verify your email address, you can be up and running with the new beta in a matter of moments.

Are you talking about Carbon Copy Cloner? I am not sure what Clear Carbon Cloner is.

/Jim

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I am a little late to the new improved Carbon Copy Cloner. I just installed the beta for Yosemite and it is very nice. Much more robust than what I used years ago. It is a lot faster than Time Machine. I am liking it. :)

Thanks for your post. Found the blog post you mentioned and the UI changes do look very nice.

http://bombich.com/blog/?p=47

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Thanks for your post. Found the blog post you mentioned and the UI changes do look very nice.

http://bombich.com/blog/?p=47

You are welcome. And thanks for posting a link as well. Hopefully, people will take advantage of the beta release, as many here are running Yosemite.

Even though the beta version shows trial, it is the full version of the program and will be such, until the final product is released, which is on or around 10/24.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Original poster
Sep 21, 2012
Clear Copy Cloner 4 has officially been released. Owners of 3.5 can upgrade for 50% off. If you purchased between June 2, 2014 and October 1, 2014, you receive your free 4.0 license via email.) An academic discount of 25% off the retail price of $39.99 is also available.

As previously stated, I have been using the new version in Yosemite without any problems. I know many here already use CCC so, this is a heads up.

fhall1

macrumors 68040
Dec 18, 2007
(Central) NY State of mind
I haven't tried it yet, but I sprung for the V4 upgrade....figured it was the least I could do since I got V3 way back when it first came out for a $5 donation.

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
I tried it before installing 4 beta and it wouldn't work. According to their website, they are offering limited support for 3.5, as they are not developing it anymore.

I'm surprised since even though there is a warning that the CCC 3.4.7 Yosemite clone won't boot due to a missing kernel, it does fine for me. The clone drive booted right up. :cool:

Did it really not work for you or did you just get some warning?

TPadden

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2010
At that time, CCC 3.4.7 installed ok but, it would not run.

Mine (3.4.7) ran fine when I selected continue anyway with the warning, I've since used it with Yosemite on 3 computers (MBA's and Mini) and multiple external drives. All the external drives boot fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.