Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
The volume goes quiet, loud quiet loud when typing, really annoying!!!

Does anyone know how to fix it? Or a possible solution?

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
Provided that you can disable that sound from Settings, it doesn't look like something we can solve. Furthermore, it affects the click sound only for a second or two after a message is sent. I wouldn't worry about it.

antiprotest

macrumors 68040
Apr 19, 2010
I think any keyboard sound is annoying, including to those around you. Turn it off.

aircanman

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 2, 2011
UK
Provided that you can disable that sound from Settings, it doesn't look like something we can solve. Furthermore, it affects the click sound only for a second or two after a message is sent. I wouldn't worry about it.

It affects the click sound throughout writing any text. So I do worry about it because it is annoying and something which shouldn't be happening.

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
The volume goes quiet, loud quiet loud when typing, really annoying!!!

Does anyone know how to fix it? Or a possible solution?

Simple. Turn it off. Why do you want that clicky sound everything you hit a key anyway? It's so annoying when you're sitting next to someone in a residential area and all you can hear is "click, click, click".

MonsieurC

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2014
Simple. Turn it off. Why do you want that clicky sound everything you hit a key anyway? It's so annoying when you're sitting next to someone in a residential area and all you can hear is "click, click, click".

My ask is that you be respectful. Sound feedback is just as important for some of us as visual touch target feedback. iOS 7 already removed some of the visual cues when you press on the keyboard keys, now you're asking someone to remove the sound cues as well.

Kurios2

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
Easy

That has happened to me also and there's a quick fix. Keep your finger away from the speaker as you type! You're covering up the sound and by moving the finger a bit, it gets louder. Moving again and it .... I don't have to spell it out for you.

The quickest: Put your phone on Vibrate and you will have peace in the house.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
My ask is that you be respectful. Sound feedback is just as important for some of us as visual touch target feedback. iOS 7 already removed some of the visual cues when you press on the keyboard keys, now you're asking someone to remove the sound cues as well.
So that was somehow not respectful while your "tactful" childish reply earlier was? Could have easily gone with this very rational and respectful (as you put it) reply earlier. :rolleyes:

SMIDG3T

Suspended
Apr 29, 2012
England
So that was somehow not respectful while your "tactful" childish reply earlier was? Could have easily gone with this very rational and respectful (as you put it) reply earlier. :rolleyes:

Yep, that's what I thought. He told the people that said "turn off the keyboard clicks" to f * c k off! I was going to reply but... yeah.

LostSoul80

macrumors 68020
Jan 25, 2009
It affects the click sound throughout writing any text. So I do worry about it because it is annoying and something which shouldn't be happening.

I based my reply on the very thread you linked, which is very precise on the poster's issue.
If your volume goes up and down outside that context, that is a separate issue. I have never seen or heard it happening.

Tymixx

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Same volume issue on all iOS decices incl iPad

As a related issue, here's my $.02
I'm losing not only my eyesight, but as a result of 23 years DJing in dance clubs, my hearing is not 100%. I'd sure love to be able to increase the key click. It would be neat to be able to see the new assistive words that appear above the ios 8 keyboard. #

For the people that find keyclicks annoying: yes, it's a personal issue and I greatly respect "respect" when seeking help in serious forums.

ALSO some large newsrooms are now starting to pipe-in the sound of typewriters in their newsrooms. Studies have shown it improves production. But maybe that's simply because they want to get the heck out of the room. #

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.